Type 1 Really bad moods when waking up, anyone know why?

aigo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there

I am a type 1 diabetic, have been for around 15 years.

Most mornings I find I wake up in a terrible mood that lasts until I have breakfast, as soon as I start eating it starts getting better. My blood sugar is usually good when I wake but was seeing if anyone else suffered with this and knew of some advice?

Thanks

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Maybe you’re just not a morning person...I know I’m not ;).
I usually find that my bloods start to rise quite quickly from the moment I open my eyes in the morning...if I have the luxury of a little time in the morning I hit the snooze button and do my morning injections in bed...I find this tends to stop the sudden rise...if I leave it until I have breakfast it just goes up and up...probably more due to stress if I’m honest..but high BG usually puts me in a bad mood too

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi and welcome :)

Could there be any possibility you went low during the night ? The only way to be completely sure is to do a 3am wake up to test your BG levels, this is the only reason I can fathom why you're waking up in a low mood as you've already said your BG levels are good, however the body can correct a night time hypo with a liver dump but you would still wake up in a bad mood as a result of this.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi there

I am a type 1 diabetic, have been for around 15 years.

Most mornings I find I wake up in a terrible mood that lasts until I have breakfast, as soon as I start eating it starts getting better. My blood sugar is usually good when I wake but was seeing if anyone else suffered with this and knew of some advice?

Thanks
If I run my bgs too tight I can get uptight. I'm a much more cheery on the no hypo level territory. Very very bubbly on higher bgs but that doesn't mean they are good for me though. :(