Type 2 What's the current soundtrack to you life ?

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Diawar...cheers.
Enjoy your evening...:headphone:
@jjraak i did thanks...very good evening ..and i raised a glass to your brother when elvis sung suspcious minds... there is a photo i will upload it presently as we say in suffolk.... could be anytime in the next few days ,months or years!

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am a huge YT fan as my wife and kids are into celebrity etc which I detest.

The list of songs I enjoy is way too varied and numerous to list but these two I am listening to daily at the moment, no idea why, I just like them.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been playing this a lot makes me feel at peace with my self when out of sorts or depressed.
Jan Garbarek - Parce Mihi Domine

Wow amazing music listed to it yesterday and so impressed had to buy the album OH had heard of Jan but I hadn’t wonderful mix of classical with a touch of Jazz. Thank you very much for introducing him to me.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Simha..have to completely agree with @Guzzler on sound of silence.

Stunning rendition.

Not often I would say that a classic has been improved upon, but in this case I do believe it's totally justified, and if you listen to the band* it blindsids you completely when you first hear it..

(*Musical benefits of being kept updated by our daughters 'youthful' joy of shall we say ''eclectic tastes"...occasionally, in amongst the noise ;) is an absolute gem :headphone: )

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I am a huge YT fan as my wife and kids are into celebrity etc which I detest.

The list of songs I enjoy is way too varied and numerous to list but these two I am listening to daily at the moment, no idea why, I just like them.

Two good choices.
The blunt can be hit and miss, but that's a real nice song.

The cranberries..all day long.
god bless Dolores, such a talent.

also loved the haunting melody of this one..(god, i love that voice )_

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If it wasn't for JSB.......

Hankjam, cheers for that.

Am a bit ignorant when it comes to older composers, but like many i guess, i do love the music, and i only really get introduced when they get stolen and used in adverts..(anyone remember the wool adverts.? )

anyway, the one i really enjoyed came from a movie..and i simply love it.
the dark undertones really tug at me

Absolutely, stunningly beautiful in it's composition.

Reactions: hankjam

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
...very good evening ..and i raised a glass to your brother when elvis sung suspcious minds... there is a photo i will upload it presently

Bless you..and as we say,
may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you very much for introducing him to me.

@shelly, isn't that just the joy of a post like this.....the simple act of sharing our musical tastes, exposes us to music we may never otherwise have come across.....which enriches us all.

Thanks again @JohnEGreen for posting that up.

Simha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Absolutely, stunningly beautiful in it's composition.

Oh yes. In the right mood I'll cry my eyeballs out and feel cleansed afterwards.
May those who left life and were close to me, rest in peace.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wasn't aware of the title of this one, but i've liked it when hearing on the radio
words hit the spot.

So for me today's good mood shifter and today's run track......

New Radicals - You Get What You Give
(no YT link, all good but swears at end )

Reactions: Emma_369

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Simha..100%agree with that and the sentiment.

Bless you, have a great day, my friend.

Simha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Aawww bless you. I feel the same, my dear dad died this year aged 94 and it will be my Christmas without him. When he was in his home my daughter and I went up on Christmas day with presents, I cooked dinner he was always chuffed to bits getting presents. In the care home, Christmas day was so nice ............... any way, back to this wonderful musical thread, to remember my dear dad it would have to be, I belong to Glasgow, and on the day of his funeral I had a Scottish piper playing and we all walked behind the piper ,so when I hear the pipes, I find it hard not to get emotional............

I wish you the strength of loving memories. It's hard, that first Christmas.
My parents died around Christmas, within 10 days of each other. I was just numb, that first Christmas.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I am sure that this would have made Bob smile. Various street artist around the world.

Simha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I prefer this one to the original by The Beatles. Again because of the emotions.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Guzzler...**** right..loved it the first time i saw it....thanks for posting and reminding me of MAN's general humanity.

The more different we seem, the more alike i think we are.

Reactions: Guzzler

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast and some exercise attempted .....(and mainly completed...ish ;) )

All the songs have left me a tad melancholy, so spending a moment reflecting, with the theme from sunshine.

matched up to Sir David's Planet Earth video....Humbling to think we have been given the honour & privilege of being a tiny part of all that.

off to work in a moment, and going to see the world in all it's glory..warts and all....enjoy your day, everyone.

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast and some exercise attempted .....(and mainly completed...ish ;) )

All the songs have left me a tad melancholy, so spending a moment reflecting, with the theme from sunshine.

matched up to Sir David's Planet Earth video....Humbling to think we have been given the honour & privilege of being a tiny part of all that.

off to work in a moment, and going to see the world in all it's glory..warts and all....enjoy your day, everyone.

have a good day @jjraak

Reactions: jjraak