SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi all,
Does anyone use this or know anything about it?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
Does anyone use this or know anything about it?

As it is considered to mess to varying degrees with thyroid function, I just avoid all soy these days. It was never big on my wish list, so for me it's been a big "so what" to just avoid it.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
As it is considered to mess to varying degrees with thyroid function, I just avoid all soy these days. It was never big on my wish list, so for me it's been a big "so what" to just avoid it.
Thanks @DCUKMod That's a useful piece of info, no idea about the thyroid and mine is underactive anyway. Might try some Googling to find out more

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@SueJB Hi! I switched to soy (and only soy, no extra ingredients or modifications made in a fancy non-food factory) in 1994, when I gave up casein. I drink soy milk and ate tofu at that time, already not eating any meat except "turkey at Thanksgiving and chicken if I have to", and not buying much fish to cook because the kids didn't like it. In 1997 my mother was dx with breast cancer, and told me some years later that she'd found out it had been estrogen-receptor positive, so I limit my intake of soymilk (unsweetened, soybeans+water only) to about 8 oz a day and don't eat tofu. I am leery of any foods which have been processed any more than washing, chopping etc, cooking with no additional ingredients-- you get the idea, and soy isoflavone sure sounds processed to me!