Inconsiderate Parking - getting worse?

M

Member496333

Is it just me or are people becoming less and less considerate with car parking? There seems to be an ever increasing prevalence of cars just being dumped wherever the owner wants to get out. So often now I’m forced to walk in the road, and at least thrice per week someone abandons their car blocking others into parking spaces or blocking empty ones.

The lack of consideration for other people is very disheartening. They’re probably the types who never walk anywhere and so think that the pavement is for parking on. Sorry for the boring topic but it’s really starting to get on my nipples :shifty:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
These's a junction in my village, adjacent to a chemist where able bodied patrons or local residence visisitors park like this on the junction to a busy through road...

I have a snapshot of google image of the area to explain, (& oddly it also depicts an example of the problem.) the Taxi & the other car pretty much represent the issue..
(Disclaimer, the Taxi is probably just waiting to pull out in this pic.)
I have "dash cam" fottage of upto 3 cars dumped here. Regularly.. (There can sometimes be another vehicle parked next to where the silver Beemer is..?)

The irony is, this road leads down to an amply spaced car park? :banghead:

Yep, it can also be an issue for other drivers with buisness down that road negotiating this junction...

image.jpeg

Reactions: Member496333

endocrinegremlin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People telling me how to control my diabetes. My health. Isms. People walking their dogs off leads in illegal areas. Meat that bleeds. Late buses.
It is horrendous here because one of the Council cuts is the traffic warden. Which is irritating because if an undercover warden went about they would cover their wages and then some.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It can be the bane in my day. Pavement parking sometimes forces me to use the road, parking alongside dropped kerbs forces me into backtracking to find the last dropped kerb and then to use the road until I pass the car and find the next dropped kerb to remount the pavement. I use an electric wheelchair so there have been times when I have been forced to use the road and a vehicle has had to slow down behind me until I remount the pavement and one driver had the temerity to beep me!

Wheelie bin collection days can be fraught too but I can and do nudge them out of my way if they have been left blocking the pavement by binmen or people who leave them having been emptied for days on end.

Grrr!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I don't drive. But as I now use a walker, it drives me crazy when people park their cars half of pavement and half on road, it's impossible for me to get passed on the pavement

M

Member496333

I am able bodied and some of the pavement parking I’ve witnessed recently has forced me to walk in the road. I can imagine this is a major issue for people who are in chairs or reliant on frames. The general lack of consideration seems to be increasing. People are just dumping their cars wherever they want to get out. Either the inconvenience they cause doesn’t cross their mind, or it does but they don’t care. Either way it’s saddening behaviour.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Remember mum's with prams especially if they have another child in tow. Some people seem to think that they have an inate right to park within inches of their front doors and woe betide anyone who suggests that a five yard walk is unreasonable and this extends to parking near shops/facilities/schools etc.

And don't get me started on able bodied drivers taking disabled parking spaces!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have 2 comments here - firstly we live in a small side street where we have been told to park partly on the pavements so that emergency vehicles can get through. We are considerate and try not to park so a buggy cannot get through

2 - we live close to a school and the parking at school time is very inconsiderate. People park on the school hazard markings, they park on the corners on the neighbouring street so obscuring view for anyone coming up or down said roads. They also double park meaning emergency vehicles cant get through or another car so often if you're unfortunate enough to have to go out at school rush hour you have to back up the whole length of the road to let yet another parent through who is looking for a space. They park over your driveways so you have no chance of getting your car in at your own house. And the abuse you get if you ask politely they move their car so you can get in or out.

Know what's the strange thing - most of these children live in the neighbouring couple of streets so dont have far to walk but the parents still pick them up to drive 2 minutes around the corner

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was taking my grandson to playgroup in his buggy and a van pulled up alongside on the pavement and he opened the door straight onto the buggy. He didn't like shouted at and told me I should have gone around the van in the road. He got t mouthful for that comment. I was fuming.
Another time I took grandson out on his little toddler bike, got around the corner and there was a car on the pavement parked right up again a garden wall. I took the registration number and phoned 111 and they telephoned the owner and got them to move it. It was my neighbours hairdresser and apparently I was racist for phoning the police (so my neighbour told me)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I have 2 comments here - firstly we live in a small side street where we have been told to park partly on the pavements so that emergency vehicles can get through. We are considerate and try not to park so a buggy cannot get through

2 - we live close to a school and the parking at school time is very inconsiderate. People park on the school hazard markings, they park on the corners on the neighbouring street so obscuring view for anyone coming up or down said roads. They also double park meaning emergency vehicles cant get through or another car so often if you're unfortunate enough to have to go out at school rush hour you have to back up the whole length of the road to let yet another parent through who is looking for a space. They park over your driveways so you have no chance of getting your car in at your own house. And the abuse you get if you ask politely they move their car so you can get in or out.

Know what's the strange thing - most of these children live in the neighbouring couple of streets so dont have far to walk but the parents still pick them up to drive 2 minutes around the corner

May I ask who told you that you must pavement park?

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where I live in London theres a mainline station, a mosque and various shops at the end of my road so we get a lot of visiting traffic and people are forever parking across my drive, either blocking me in or unable to get back onto my drive. I have no major problem when people put a note in their window acknowleging what theyve done and giving a mobile number where they can be contacted to shift it if needed.
What really gets up my nose are the people who leave vehicles parked for hours without any contact info - what I do then is contact the councils parking enforcement office who then come out and issue a penalty charge to the offending vehicle ( its a parking offence to park across any part of a dropped kerb without permission)