Todays bloods

Cam2000

IMG_1544561510.743434.jpg

One picture One day what do yous think about it?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A little more information would help. Are you a T1 or T2, and which diabetes meds are you on?

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It looks like you have a "Dawn Phenomenon" - blood sugars begin rising before you get up.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No that was breakfast. My bloods usually decline before waking up. Or steady.

What was your breakfast? That could be the root of your problem. Too many carbs for the amount of insulin, which if it is, you either need to reduce the carbs in your breakfast or revisit your insulin doses.

Cam2000

What was your breakfast? That could be the root of your problem. Too many carbs for the amount of insulin, which if it is, you either need to reduce the carbs in your breakfast or revisit your insulin doses.

Uhm well, I gave myself 6units for a 150ml glass of orange juice and a bowl of Cinnamon grahams.

Cam2000

But increasing the insulin doesn’t stop my elevated bloods. In fact it only causes a hypo later in the day. (Roughly 9 o’clock).

Anyways today I had buttered toast (brown bread) and orange juice. Blood sugar was 3.9, so gave myself 4units. Only risen to 8.1 before dropping in to the 6/5 before lunch.

Cam2000

Sometimes my injections and breakfast happen straight away too. I hate waking up in the morning. So I try getting up late enough to inject, eat, make sure I’ve got supplies and leave.

edan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
But increasing the insulin doesn’t stop my elevated bloods. In fact it only causes a hypo later in the day. (Roughly 9 o’clock).
Your breakfast is mostly sugar. Orange juice is used to treat hypos as it raises blood sugar fast, and cinnamon Graham’s are 75% carbs too. If you had less sugar and add a bit of protein you might get smoother blood sugars

M

Member496333

Keep up that sort of sugar intake and you’ll probably end up with double diabetes? Resistant to exogenous insulin :(

Sorry, not judging. Personal choices and all that. Just seems reckless.

Cam2000

Your breakfast is mostly sugar. Orange juice is used to treat hypos as it raises blood sugar fast, and cinnamon Graham’s are 75% carbs too. If you had less sugar and add a bit of protein you might get smoother blood sugars

Uhu yeah, I’ve been thinking about it. I quite like the idea of moving away from carbs but at the same time meh. What breakfast meal ideas do you have or carry out?