Christmas wish list

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Alright everyone what do you wish for Christmas I am wishing for a new computer but do not think i will get one laughs

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
A better life for everyone in the world. Real world peace, the end to people starving to death, tolerance and everyone having a place to sleep.
And a new apron with a satsuma in the pocket

Last edited:
Reactions: dogslife

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A better life for everyone in the world. Real world peace, the end to people starving to death, tolerance and everyone having a place to sleep.
And a new apron with a statsuma in the pocket

Would that be a screen printed satsuma or a stitched design on the pocket?
Or are we talking an actual fruit...? :)

D

Deleted member 308541

And a new apron with a satsuma in the pocket
You will have more chance of getting a the apron and satsuma, than the other stuff.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd really like a new engagement ring - hubby bought a very nice one but it wasnt one of the ones I had shown him in the jewellers. (before people think I'm ungrateful hubby and my choices differ greatly. He asked me what I liked and then went and picked one he liked. It's a pretty enough ring but not what I would pick by choice. He at least got the stone right so alls not bad - sapphires for my birthstone)

Well you did ask.

Failing that a big box of Thorntons chocolates I can eat without feeling guilty

D

Deleted member 308541

I bought myself a new battery pack for charging my mobile phone when the powers off.

Could not wait to get socks at xmas had to by some the other day, got six pairs of Tradies for $20.00.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I need a new mobile but can not make my mind up which one anyone have any suggestions has o be cheap but will allow me to text and use in an emergency

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Alright everyone what do you wish for Christmas I am wishing for a new computer but do not think i will get one laughs
A new tv would be good, as ours is on its last legs. Husband needs a laptop. But what I want most is quality time on the weekends. There's a bunch of expositions I'm interested in coming up, and a couple of zoo's have cubs I'd love to photograph. Not to mention all the cat cafe's I haven't been to yet. Tickets and petrol money would top the list. Experiences, not stuff. (But if family'd gift me a donation for the endangered Scottish Wild Cat, or the Dutch big cat sanctuary Stichting Leeuw, I'd be just as happy. Catperson over here.) :)

I know it'll be mostly books on photography though, this year. Street photography, and cats, big and small. And that's really good too. :)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
new mobile go it a vodafone as none of other phone shops were open yeaaaa thank you hubby

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
For me Christmas isn’t just about presents it’s about Jesus and spending time with my family this Christmas I am hoping to get some nice bits and bobs to furnish my bedroom and I’m hoping my nanny will come to our house to have her Christmas dinner as she doesn’t get out much due to her dementia

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I am getting what I want this year. A whole day with all my children and grandchildren and being able to have it as I would always have done with all the family traditions. To top it off I would have loved a family portrait taken but alas, the budget is tight. Either that or the walnut console table I've been hankering after for ages ;).

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
A new travel bag.
A new music mp3.
New trainers.
A day off on Xmas day to see all the family, except for those too far away.
Unfortunately, I have a job, that I won't get much time off this chrimbo. But I will see the family, all four kids and seven grandkids, so plenty of celebrations because grandkids birthdays around Xmas. One today, one 20th, one 23rd, one 27th!
Wages spent!
Ho hum!
Ho, ho, ho!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had some good news. I was led to believe that Christmas Day would be me, hubby, stepson and the 2 granddaughters and possibly their mother.

Boxing Day we were being deserted like rats from a sinking ship but my youngest daughter, her fiance and my stepson will be with us now. Daughter has refused to work yet another Boxing day, fiance is working Christmas night so he's hoping to have a relaxing evening on Boxing Day at ours and stepson not going home to his mother's until the Thursday. Best get some soft drinks in for the drivers and some nice nibbles to feed them all, happy days :joyful::joyful:

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
my hubby and I will spend our day at home we was invited to our sons but we have dogs and i will not leave them alone and can not take the little dog with me as my son has a staffy and deff not into other dogs so home we stay smile

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Although we enjoy buying gifts for our cousins' children/ grandchildren and will see our families when we deliver them, the adults in the family agreed some years ago that we would no longer exchange gifts. My husband and I have birthdays very close to Christmas so don't buy Christmas gifts for each other. The highlight of my Christmas was always to have all of our parents with us and I enjoyed exchanging gifts, setting my Christmas table etc for the occasion. Sadly 3 of our parents are no longer with us and mum has Alzheimer's so I can't be sure if she will leave her small flat on Christmas and Boxing Day so may have to transport the bulk of our dinners/ evening meals to mum's. My hubby and several of my family and friends are waiting for results of recent medical assessments for potentially life changing conditions. So-My wish for Christmas this year is that we are all well and happy at Christmas and remain that way throughout the new year. That would be a true blessing.:)

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A new travel bag.
A new music mp3.
New trainers.
A day off on Xmas day to see all the family, except for those too far away.
Unfortunately, I have a job, that I won't get much time off this chrimbo. But I will see the family, all four kids and seven grandkids, so plenty of celebrations because grandkids birthdays around Xmas. One today, one 20th, one 23rd, one 27th!
Wages spent!
Ho hum!
Ho, ho, ho!
Im in work all over xmas and new year too but will see family and grandsons as im only in till 12

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I know the feeling of being at work all day Christmas as worked it for years, but now i go around and see my immediate family and wish them a Merry Christmas then back to hubby and we spend together...i just wish that my readinsg were lower when it comes around to blood test arghhh but I wish all
A MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE