What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That doesn’t seem like much food Ian, I thought you didn’t want to lose any more weight? You certainly don’t look like you need to.
Thanks for the concern. The lunch salad was/is very large - fills a bowl intended for a family. I am actually still full. Also need to fast for some tests in the morning. Plus, I am a porky chap just now:angelic:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the concern. The lunch salad was/is very large - fills a bowl intended for a family. I am actually still full. Also need to fast for some tests in the morning. Plus, I am a porky chap just now:angelic:
Good luck with the tests in the morning.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hba1c of 32 - seeing doctor in the morning to discuss but called this afternoon as couldn’t wait for the result
Wow congratulations you must be absolutely delighted a real success story well done bet you can’t wait to discuss your amazing achievements with dr will be interesting to see what dr says x

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow congratulations you must be absolutely delighted a real success story well done bet you can’t wait to discuss your amazing achievements with dr will be interesting to see what dr says x
I really am. I’ve had the biggest smile on my face. Just to try and maintain it now. I have a feeling the doctor won’t have much to say but we shall see

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I really am. I’ve had the biggest smile on my face. Just to try and maintain it now. I have a feeling the doctor won’t have much to say but we shall see
Congratulations on an amazing result. Can't imagine the doctor would say much - jaw may well drop too much to vocalise:angelic:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on an amazing result. Can't imagine the doctor would say much - jaw may well drop too much to vocalise:angelic:
Now there’s an image I wouldn’t mind seeing. Would make a change from folded arms and condescending tones :rolleyes:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Congratulations @Emma_369 on a brilliant HbA1c and @Lainlainylain on needing smaller jeans.

@ianpspurs hope the tests go well.

BG continues to be all over the place - long walk to work this morning saw me rise from 5.0 to 8.1 having consumed only one mug of tea with cream and a glass of water.

Food intake was nibbles of mixed salted nuts and cream cheese brownies (4 small squares) during my all day meeting with lunch of Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and a bag of pork crackling. Dinner was 100g smoked salmon with 50g whipped creamy cheese.

Just having another tea with cream after Pilates.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Salad is still salad no matter how large. Good luck with the tests though.

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Congratulations @Emma_369 on a brilliant HbA1c and @Lainlainylain on needing smaller jeans.

@ianpspurs hope the tests go well.

BG continues to be all over the place - long walk to work this morning saw me rise from 5.0 to 8.1 having consumed only one mug of tea with cream and a glass of water.

Food intake was nibbles of mixed salted nuts and cream cheese brownies (4 small squares) during my all day meeting with lunch of Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and a bag of pork crackling. Dinner was 100g smoked salmon with 50g whipped creamy cheese.

Just having another tea with cream after Pilates.

Hug for the bonkers bgs, hope tomorrow is less insane.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2 x coconut and chilli chicken kebabs (left over from a ‘do’ at Hubby’s work) with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: mushroom and cheddar omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That is the whole point. I know it will fill me and I will enjoy it. Apart from tea nothing else in this WOE always does that. To be fair, that salad had 2 very large eggs and 3 avocados.
3 avocados? Wow! That’s impressive. Ok you win.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

It's quite late by now. Got home late from work and fell asleep on the sofa, but got up to do some exercise.

@shelley262 and @Goonergal -- Thanks for the cracker and for the brownie cream cheese recipes. Definitely look yummy.
@Goonergal -- Hugs for the eratic blood sugars. Must be really, really frustrating. Once things calm down for you workwise, they are sure to stabilize.
@ianpspurs -- Good luck with your tests tomorrow.
@Lainlainylain -- Well done on the weightloss. Enjoy your shopping.

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Bouillabaisse with sauce rouille. Two scrambled eggs with cheese.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: Two squares of 95% chocolate.

Dinner: One Wiener sausage. Half a low-carb flatbread with mayonnaise and cheese. One fried and sliced duck breast.

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot yesterday bed 5.1 and FBG was also 5.1 - seem to be pretty level. It was one of these racing about days. No 2 has managed to lose his brand new Christmas jumper after having it for 1 hour! I would be more understanding but hes super careless with his clothes. I spend half my life in lost property at the school. To compound matters No 1s jacket has vanished. Ah well I'll give lots property another go tomorrow. No 2 is misbehaving again too. I'm out of ideas now. Thankfully his brother's behaviour is excellent.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. A spoonful each of M&S anchovies, mozzarella Pearl's and Honduran prawns.
D. Piripiri spatchcock chicken with a couple of pigs in blankets and cauliflower cheese.

Today - bed 5.2 FBG 4.9.

Aqua zumba day - I'm now hunting 2 school sweatshirts, Christmas Jumper and an outdoor jacket. Checked the pavilion today but no luck. Did recover 1 sweatshirt from the hell that is lost property.
B. 2 97% pork chipolatas, 3 rashers of crispy streaky bacon, GF black pudding and a fried egg. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing - at aqua zumba then went to get more wrapping paper and got distracted by 1/2 price toys in Tesco.
D. Lamb chops casserole done in IP which I had with green beans, broccoli and peas. Also had a scoop of halo top with a couple each of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries.
No 1 was as pleased as punch as he'd got top marks at school for using his indoor voice, not making silly noises, walking in school, completing all his tasks and being respectful to his teachers and classmates all of the time. The other desired qualities were some of the time. No 2 is still a horror story. I just don't get him at all. We tried positive reinforcement and hes got worse! Anyone got any other ideas what to do with a belligerent 5 year old that just wont behave in school? I'm pretty close to refusing to give him his presents. Harsh I know but he shows no remorse - in fact he finds it amusing.

Last Lego club before the holidays tomorrow. No 2 will be sent home. No 1 meantime gave both of us a big hug because he thought we needed it with No 2 being so bad.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot yesterday bed 5.1 and FBG was also 5.1 - seem to be pretty level. It was one of these racing about days. No 2 has managed to lose his brand new Christmas jumper after having it for 1 hour! I would be more understanding but hes super careless with his clothes. I spend half my life in lost property at the school. To compound matters No 1s jacket has vanished. Ah well I'll give lots property another go tomorrow. No 2 is misbehaving again too. I'm out of ideas now. Thankfully his brother's behaviour is excellent.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. A spoonful each of M&S anchovies, mozzarella Pearl's and Honduran prawns.
D. Piripiri spatchcock chicken with a couple of pigs in blankets and cauliflower cheese.

Today - bed 5.2 FBG 4.9.

Aqua zumba day - I'm now hunting 2 school sweatshirts, Christmas Jumper and an outdoor jacket. Checked the pavilion today but no luck. Did recover 1 sweatshirt from the hell that is lost property.
B. 2 97% pork chipolatas, 3 rashers of crispy streaky bacon, GF black pudding and a fried egg. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing - at aqua zumba then went to get more wrapping paper and got distracted by 1/2 price toys in Tesco.
D. Lamb chops casserole done in IP which I had with green beans, broccoli and peas. Also had a scoop of halo top with a couple each of raspberries, blueberries and blackberries.
No 1 was as pleased as punch as he'd got top marks at school for using his indoor voice, not making silly noises, walking in school, completing all his tasks and being respectful to his teachers and classmates all of the time. The other desired qualities were some of the time. No 2 is still a horror story. I just don't get him at all. We tried positive reinforcement and hes got worse! Anyone got any other ideas what to do with a belligerent 5 year old that just wont behave in school? I'm pretty close to refusing to give him his presents. Harsh I know but he shows no remorse - in fact he finds it amusing.

Last Lego club before the holidays tomorrow. No 2 will be sent home. No 1 meantime gave both of us a big hug because he thought we needed it with No 2 being so bad.

Life is certainly full on for you. I remember the hell that is lost property, I too seemed to spend half my life there. My youngest daughter, now 24 hasn’t got any better though - whenever she comes round she leaves something - a scarf, jacket, bag - I have a permanent pile next to the front door.

Oldest daughter has instigated a ‘Chuck it Bucket’ at home to encourage the girls to tidy their things away - anything left lying around at the end of the day goes in the Chuck it Bucket and is put out with the bins. The girls loved it and after the first week she found they’d put loads of her stuff in it including all her favourite Boyzone CDs!

Reactions: maglil55