Type 2 What's the current soundtrack to you life ?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
They did a show at RAF Swinderby in about 1969 when I was there.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
It used to be Johnny Paycheck.............. You can takes this job and shove it
Then moved to A whiter shade of pale
This has to be my all time favourite, love the lyrics and the title is just so apt for all diabetics
The Battle of Evermore not with Sandy Denny but the superb Najma Aktar, hurdy gurdy and mandolin

Reactions: paulmh

Bogie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Wow! In 6 days this thread has 103 posts ... obviously music plays a big part on our lives. Love some of these choices posted. Personally I love upbeat energy-producing music. While I am never "down", I do like energy boosts .... here are a couple of my favourites.

D

Deleted member 308541

Vincent, one of the better songs on the American Pie album by Don McLean.
Now I understand what you tried to say to me
And how you suffered for your sanity
How you tried to set them free
They would not listen, they did not know how
Perhaps they'll listen now

Simha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Just LOVE that version..so full; of passion and the right note of solemnity.

Off to Cemetery today, to pay respects.

the day of dads funeral, sad as it was, i wanted it to be a celebration of the man we all knew and loved.

this was the music leading out of the church, with his grandsons, carrying the coffin.(so proud of them)

don't listen often, as it still evokes a tear or two...but seemed appropriate today.

Oh jeez, JJ. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad. It's one of the two roots from which your life started. Without him, part of you is forever gone.
I hope my emotional music choices help to cry. Alone, in the arms of someone you trust and love. Or someone who is with you. Quiet, without words, but understanding at soul level. Tension flowing away with the tears you shed.

Look back with a smile and see the good times through the bad.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hildegard von Bingen -The Origin Of Fire - Anonymous 4

OK a bit long didn't check as I normally just leave it playing in the back ground while doing other things or trying to get to sleep as it's so restful.

And to think she composed this nearly 1,000 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: paulmh

Groundgripper

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Busy towns and cities, heavy traffic, noisy people, rubbishy televison or radio shows, rap music.
Justin Hayward and John Lodge on the "Blue Jays" Album "Who are you now"

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
says it all i think....feeling reflective......
edit to add..this time of year..thoughts always go to those family and friends now longer with us ...

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh jeez, JJ. I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad.

Thank you for the kind words, @Simha.
It wasn't recent, lost dad in 2009, mum was Feb 2016....but as you know, the pain may fade, but it never goes away.

May your day, be a joyous one.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Thank you for the kind words, @Simha.
It wasn't recent, lost dad in 2009, mum was Feb 2016....but as you know, the pain may fade, but it never goes away.

May your day, be a joyous one.

Yes your right lost my dad when I was about 12 years old 68 now and I still feel the loss.

Simha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My parents died within 10 days of each other. Your roots are brutally gone. It's been 16 years now. I have been at peace with their death from the first moment, as they suffered so, but no matter how old you are yourself, you will always miss your parents. Even if you didn't see eye to eye at times.

This is for my dad. The original, classical, version by Rachmaninov was played at his funeral. Nobody present at the funeral knew Eric Carmen put words to the music, making the song so very apt a song for my dad.

Enjoy your day and savour good memories

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
[QUOTE="jjraak, post: 1941003,

Off to Cemetery today, to pay respects.

the day of dads funeral, sad as it was, i wanted it to be a celebration of the man we all knew and loved.

this was the music leading out of the church, with his grandsons, carrying the coffin.(so proud of them)

don't listen often, as it still evokes a tear or two...but seemed appropriate today.

dad died in 1991 only 63 and mum died november five years ago... thinking of them....

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Feeling more optimistic and 'lighter' in mood today, so feeling, pretty good...............:) especially with 2 spot on BG readings :happy:but......... sneezed 6 times at my friends earlier and now another 5 :oops::wideyed:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Now the Strangler's Golden Brown and LP Lost on you ( saw this artist on Jools Holland in 2016) :-

Reactions: jjraak
D

Deleted member 308541

Walk my way
And a thousand violins begin to play
Or it might be the sound of your hello
That music I hear
I get misty the moment you're near
This was on the radio during the night.

Hey there! Music is my drug.

It goes with me everywhere, I take it 3 to 4 times daily. The side effects to this drug is that It makes me feel happy, joyful, uplifted, safe, transient, euphoric, overwhelmed at times, chilled, playful, reminiscent .
Like a loyal pet music is always there when I am low.
Music is a lifelong friend that will always be by my side and will never betray me.
There is music for every mood and it never leaves my head.I have a constant stream of tracks I am singing out loud or in my head like a personal radio station

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This is what has been playing on my inner juke box the last day or so don't know why.