Hi First Post And Updated Hba1c Results

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tamanna I have two meals a day usually and would have a mix of the following for meal one

- kefir, ground flaxseeds, inulin for a bit more fibre, full fat Greek yoghurt, a minute amount of berries, and flaked almonds plus some cheese and avocado or scrambled egg or omelette with cheese or bacon and eggs with mushrooms and two tiny tomatoes or smoked mackerel and avocado or fried eggs and loads of mushrooms cooked in loads of organic salted butter. I love halumi cheese or stilton or cheddar or St Agur with avocado. I eat to appetite so it does vary.

Meal two is either
chicken (my favourite with skin on) or beef, pork, lamb, tuna, salmon, or white fish or omelette with cheese. I have these with either a salad or veggies. I usually stir fry my veggies in butter or coconut oil. Veggies are - courgettes, cauliflower rice, broccoli, sweetheart cabbage, kale, kalettes, asparagus, sugar snap peas, celery, spinach, mushrooms, or aubergines (not all at once of course). With my second meal l have some more kefir.

I also have 10g of 85% chocolate a day plus a few cocoa nibs and coffee with cream.

If I have 3 meals instead of two I just have something light like cheese and avocado for the third meal.

Husband makes chicken curry using a jar of curry sauce. This spikes my blood sugars really high so he puts my serving in a bowl so that I can wash off the sauce - drain the chicken in a sieve and add it to the spiralised courgette stir fried in butter.

If I am hungry and need a snack I find cheese does not spike my blood sugars.

By eating this way I have now been off the insulin for just over 8 months.

You may be able to eat more carbs than the 20g of carbs that is my maximum. Your meter will tell you which foods spike your bs.

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
These days I'm mainly carnivore so stay away from carbs completely.
I do sometimes have some 90% Lindt choc and rarely some Oppo ice cream with extra cream and raspberries.
For the most part though its just meat, fish, cheese, eggs, double cream and lactofree milk.
If we have a takeaway curry I might get the lamb mince and spinach dish that my local does just for a bit of wetness along with my chicken tikka.
I have found it quite liberating to not have to worry about shopping or food waste.. also meal prep is so much quicker without having to peel veg!

Yes I’m very much the same I’m trying to wean myself off testing as much as most days I don’t eat anything that would cause even a small spike but test and prices to be a waste of time and strips as reading good trying to only test when I do try something different

Tamanna

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If I’m right 80mg will be 4.4 mmol (Uk reading)and 100mg is only 5.5mmol which is fine your liver usually dumps some glucose into your blood to help your body start the day I believe it’s called the dawn phenomenon but 5.5 is within non diabetic range anyway if my conversion is right
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawn_phenomenon

By the way what sorts are you eating at the moment and what are you blood readings before food and two hours after first bite.

Yup ur conversation is right. Before meal my blod sugars are 100mg/dl or 104 pr 102mg/dl. And after thr first bite my blod sugar is 80mg/dl or 92mg/dl

Tamanna

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Tamanna I have two meals a day usually and would have a mix of the following for meal one

- kefir, ground flaxseeds, inulin for a bit more fibre, full fat Greek yoghurt, a minute amount of berries, and flaked almonds plus some cheese and avocado or scrambled egg or omelette with cheese or bacon and eggs with mushrooms and two tiny tomatoes or smoked mackerel and avocado or fried eggs and loads of mushrooms cooked in loads of organic salted butter. I love halumi cheese or stilton or cheddar or St Agur with avocado. I eat to appetite so it does vary.

Meal two is either
chicken (my favourite with skin on) or beef, pork, lamb, tuna, salmon, or white fish or omelette with cheese. I have these with either a salad or veggies. I usually stir fry my veggies in butter or coconut oil. Veggies are - courgettes, cauliflower rice, broccoli, sweetheart cabbage, kale, kalettes, asparagus, sugar snap peas, celery, spinach, mushrooms, or aubergines (not all at once of course). With my second meal l have some more kefir.

I also have 10g of 85% chocolate a day plus a few cocoa nibs and coffee with cream.

If I have 3 meals instead of two I just have something light like cheese and avocado for the third meal.

Husband makes chicken curry using a jar of curry sauce. This spikes my blood sugars really high so he puts my serving in a bowl so that I can wash off the sauce - drain the chicken in a sieve and add it to the spiralised courgette stir fried in butter.

If I am hungry and need a snack I find cheese does not spike my blood sugars.

By eating this way I have now been off the insulin for just over 8 months.

You may be able to eat more carbs than the 20g of carbs that is my maximum. Your meter will tell you which foods spike your bs.

Thanks alot. What am doing is am having 1 boil egg in breakfast at 10am i eat 1 apple . In lunch i eat vagetable with 1 chapati at 3pm i take green tea at 7pm i took dinner in dinner i had 1 guava 2 cucumber and a 15min walk. With this diet i lost 7kg in 1month

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks alot. What am doing is am having 1 boil egg in breakfast at 10am i eat 1 apple . In lunch i eat vagetable with 1 chapati at 3pm i take green tea at 7pm i took dinner in dinner i had 1 guava 2 cucumber and a 15min walk. With this diet i lost 7kg in 1month

Then stick to what’s working but add some different foods (dietdictor)so you don’t get bored.do you eat meat ?

Tamanna

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Then stick to what’s working but add some different foods (dietdictor)so you don’t get bored.do you eat meat ?

Yes i do eat meat fish chicken. Thanks alot after reading ur comments am a bit relax now. God bless u

torchman2

I did a quick count of this, and it looks like you are eating 400 calories per day, at max 500.

Of course you'll lose weight quickly, but you will also destroy your body. This is completely insane.

Edit: Calories:
egg: 70 cals
apple: 80-90 cals
chapati: 80cals
2 cups veg: 50 cals
1 guava: 40 cals
2 large cucumbers: 90 cals

Tamanna

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did a quick count of this, and it looks like you are eating 400 calories per day, at max 500.

Of course you'll lose weight quickly, but you will also destroy your body. This is completely insane.

Edit: Calories:
egg: 70 cals
apple: 80-90 cals
chapati: 80cals
2 cups veg: 50 cals
1 guava: 40 cals
2 large cucumbers: 90 cals

thank you for this. am struggling with my diet plan every one says a different things. will soon come on one final diet. thank you for doing this count for me.

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So to date all results with update for latest
Hi so had my 3rd hba1c
March 15th diagnosed hba1c of 95 weight 102.8 16st 2
HBA1C 95
Cholesterol
Total 7.5
HDL 1.0
Non HDL 6.5
Trigs 7.5 no ldl due to this reading

June 18th 87kg 13st 7
Hba1c 44
Cholesterol
Total 7.7
Ldl 5.7
HDL 1.3
Trigs 1.5
Stopped taking statins and metformin

August’s 18th 3stone weight loss to here now 82kg 12st 8
Hba1c 33
Cholesterol fasting
Total 8.2
Ldl 5.9
HDL 1.8
Trigs 1.1

December 5th 2018
Steady weight 83kg 12st 10
Hba1c 31
Cholesterol fasting
Total 6.8
LDL. 4.3
Hdl. 2.0
Trigs. 1.0

Feb 22nd 2019
Steady weight. 83kg 12st 10lb

Hba1c 31

Fasting cholesterol

Total 8.1
LDL. 5.5
Hdl. 1.8
Trig 1.8

These gone downhill a bit think I will try to lose a little more weight and exercise to try to better theses results

jacko1970s

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So to date all results with update for latest
Hi so had my 3rd hba1c
March 15th diagnosed hba1c of 95 weight 102.8 16st 2
HBA1C 95
Cholesterol
Total 7.5
HDL 1.0
Non HDL 6.5
Trigs 7.5 no ldl due to this reading

June 18th 87kg 13st 7
Hba1c 44
Cholesterol
Total 7.7
Ldl 5.7
HDL 1.3
Trigs 1.5
Stopped taking statins and metformin

August’s 18th 3stone weight loss to here now 82kg 12st 8
Hba1c 33
Cholesterol fasting
Total 8.2
Ldl 5.9
HDL 1.8
Trigs 1.1

December 5th 2018
Steady weight 83kg 12st 10
Hba1c 31
Cholesterol fasting
Total 6.8
LDL. 4.3
Hdl. 2.0
Trigs. 1.0

Feb 22nd 2019
Steady weight. 83kg 12st 10lb

Hba1c 31

Fasting cholesterol

Total 8.1
LDL. 5.5
Hdl. 1.8
Trig 1.8

These gone downhill a bit think I will try to lose a little more weight and exercise to try to better theses results

Latest results

18th July 2019 weight 13st 5lb (increased)

HBA1C 33

Cholesterol

Total 6.0

Hdl. 1.7

LDL. 3.9

Trigs. 0.9