Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My yo yo step count:
27k Saturday walking with a runny nose
5k Sunday - cos my legs hurt and nose was wet still
20k Monday - went to winter wonderland still dripping
4.2 k came home early from work cos cold got to me

Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow. At least it should be out of your system by Christmas hopefully.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal how’s your bum now after your fall? You are still managing loads more steps than me.

It’s much better, thanks. At least I can sit down without pain!! However still a deep purple bruise and it’s a bit sore when walking - nothing like it was though. In the gym there were a couple of things it stopped me doing but hopefully will fully recover soon. Planning a long walk to my all day work meeting this morning, otherwise I won’t get to move all day. Bit chilly out though and I’ll need to get a move on as it’s 4 miles and have agreed to meet a colleague an hour early so we can gossip!

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A busy week and my first gym session didn't get done till yesterday, chest, dumb bells to 36 x 4, bar bell press to 80kg x 2 and a wobble :p flys and pull overs, I've cycled around 20 miles over the weekend too due to a car fault but it's fixed, playing catch up for the rest of the gym week though.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s much better, thanks. At least I can sit down without pain!! However still a deep purple bruise and it’s a bit sore when walking - nothing like it was though. In the gym there were a couple of things it stopped me doing but hopefully will fully recover soon. Planning a long walk to my all day work meeting this morning, otherwise I won’t get to move all day. Bit chilly out though and I’ll need to get a move on as it’s 4 miles and have agreed to meet a colleague an hour early so we can gossip!

You’re amazing! Hope the recovery progresses well.

Reactions: Geoffno6

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
By eck it's confusing doing the wrong body parts on the wrong days :p , back for me but I swum 1200m in 30 mins first, then wide grip pull downs to 80k5kg x 4, one arm bent over rows to 38kg x 4, deadlifts to 90kg x 6, seated cable rows to 50kg x 6 and finished with some close grip pull downs to 80kg.

Tired now :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another day where I get a badge for trying cos the coach doesn't have the heart to be honest. 1 hour medium intensity on exercise bike. 1 hour dog walk without Nordic walking to test theory that it would be more steps due to smaller strides. Fitbit didn't track full walk and I don't have pedometer data. No weights this afternoon - housework took over. 11.5k steps.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
One of the weird (to me) things of the last three years has been the decline in arm muscular strength - then it dawned on me, I've been neglecting piano practise! I've kept up with organ practise, but played the piano very little at home in recent times.

Now I've worked out the best walking pattern for me and the insulin, (walk the hour to work, walk most of the way home, and then a brief 20 minutes/half hour after a meal) rather than walk at least an hour after the evening meal, I've magically got a bit more time in the evenings again, and no excuse to avoid half an hour a night at the piano. Actually, I'd forgotten how good it was just to sit and play... And, lo! my arm muscles seem to be returning along with less finger achiness.

Mind you, that could also be due to getting a better balance of food - I've long known too much sugar can make my joints ache, and I'm suspicious of gluten doing the same. The joint achiness had vanished when I was eating LCHF, and returned when some of the carbs came back to my life.

Whatever, I'm considering the piano regular, moderate exercise if it's improving my muscles!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
13k steps is a fair way there and back again Ian.

I have Samsung Health app on my mobile phone, I would like to know how many steps I do playing 18 ends of bowls. Unfortunately I will never know as we are not allowed phones on the green.

Forgive the intrusion, but i have been lurking here, as i don't have any specific training program, very much AD HOC as to what i do and when i do it, so just looking out for tips and advise really, before me and my daughter join gym next month.

yep i'm gonna be a NEW years Gym bunny..Gonna be mad busy, but we might get a good deal AND get to enjoy xmas..LoL

However reason i posted, is i noticed similar posts from those who just use mobiles..and we all know the limitations.

I couldn't justify the expenditure on a fancy toy i MAY not, use so i bought a Mi-Fit bracelet, £26 off amazon.

I did a write up in another thread, so i'll just leave this here, in case it is of use to anyone..
(xmas coming up, a nice easy gift to ask for without breaking anyone's bank)
For the price, i think it rather excels for the first timer to a fitness trackers.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/fitness-tracker.133623/page-2#post-1941359

Do hope to join you properly if i may, when i actually have something more regular to add..

Cheers

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all Deadlifts last night 170kg 5x5 then a descending set !50kgx2, 120kgx2, 100kg x2 then finally 60kg x 10. Serves me right for having a bit under the weather

Reactions: Geoffno6 and kev-w

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t been in a for a few days, as much as anything because I’m so routined that I’m a bit “same old same old” - do the same thing every week, Tuesday Thursday and Saturday two circuits / boot camp / boxercise sessions, one session on each of the other days, bit of dancing a couple of days a week.Tend to do 9k to 13k each day. It’s all a bit dull really but it suits me to be so habitual, saves me thinking about it!

Reactions: Geoffno6 and jjraak

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Yesterday’s walk to work meeting was glorious. Bit chilly but sun came out. Total steps for the day were 17,594. Today a paltry 7.7k steps.

Early start tomorrow as have signed up to a tree planting/PR event at the Arsenal (sorry @ianpspurs ) training ground which means meeting the person giving me a lift on the other side of London at some ungodly hour. Who needs sleep anyway?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Yesterday’s walk to work meeting was glorious. Bit chilly but sun came out. Total steps for the day were 17,594. Today a paltry 7.7k steps.

Early start tomorrow as have signed up to a tree planting/PR event at the Arsenal (sorry @ianpspurs ) training ground which means meeting the person giving me a lift on the other side of London at some ungodly hour. Who needs sleep anyway?
It may take a few trees to offset the damage that lot have done to the environment:angelic:

Reactions: Geoffno6

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
One should stick to ones routine and planned training days....

I skipped yesterdays swim citing fatigue :p but did my legs in the gym, squats to 100kg at my heaviest, with curls, extensions and calf raises, 4 sets of each.
3 days in a row isn't the best idea at my age :p

Reactions: Ponchu and Geoffno6

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm planning to do steps towards my last target later, if the rain stops. But, I'm enjoying having a car too much (just for a few days) and am scuttling around getting trips to the tip, and Heavy and Awkward shopping done. I've found ways around the shopping things, but in these here parts I can't toddle to tip with my shopping trolley full of items for off-loading there.

I did point out this morning I'd've been perfectly safe doing so as I had the place to myself and had been organised enough to have items only for the safest area. The splendid person who directed me to the bins I had to use did have to agree with me.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday shoulders sorted. 4 consecutive days done and dusted, no swim :)
Kettle bell presses both ways up but 2kg heavier on the bottoms up press, front raises, cable side raises, face pulls :p and trap rows.
Next week I need to manage my time more efficiently :)

Reactions: Goonergal

Geoffno6

2.4k steps yesterday, probably my lowest ever! @DJC3 thanks, and the cold is pretty much out of me. I resisted the surprisingly strong lure of the Parkrun this morning and went for a 6 mile walk (17,000 steps) instead and my BS which according to my libre has only ventured below 7.5 for 2% of the week has been in the 6s or less for 5 hours. The other influencers were bacon eggs and mushrooms at 9 am while my BS was 9.1 and the same again at 1am when I was down at 6.2!! Now after lounging around and drinking tea for hours, I’m at 5.4!!! Happy days!!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Forgive the intrusion, but i have been lurking here, as i don't have any specific training program, very much AD HOC as to what i do and when i do it, so just looking out for tips and advise really, before me and my daughter join gym next month.

yep i'm gonna be a NEW years Gym bunny..Gonna be mad busy, but we might get a good deal AND get to enjoy xmas..LoL

However reason i posted, is i noticed similar posts from those who just use mobiles..and we all know the limitations.

I couldn't justify the expenditure on a fancy toy i MAY not, use so i bought a Mi-Fit bracelet, £26 off amazon.

I did a write up in another thread, so i'll just leave this here, in case it is of use to anyone..
(xmas coming up, a nice easy gift to ask for without breaking anyone's bank)
For the price, i think it rather excels for the first timer to a fitness trackers.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/fitness-tracker.133623/page-2#post-1941359

Do hope to join you properly if i may, when i actually have something more regular to add..

Cheers

No intrusion, and please do join in regularly when you are able to!

I can get obsessed enough with my pedometer steps, so I just stick to that and write a note to myself when I've been active in other ways which means my step count is low for me for that day, but whatever works for you is good!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
14.5k steps which I find amazing but pedometer says that is what I did. May not be very good but walking is really not much of a pleasure for me. No other exercise today.