Glycemic Index Foundation - Carbohydrates

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Low GI carbs remains the core of Glycemic Index Foundation recommendation.
https://www.gisymbol.com/carbohydrates/
upload_2018-12-11_11-2-54.png

upload_2018-12-11_11-5-1.png

And their current view of low carbs...
https://www.gisymbol.com/low-carbohydrate-diets/
upload_2018-12-11_11-2-23.png

There's little to no discussion on the alternative fuel in their narrative...ketones.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers

They'd also be the reason that I'd have to take more medication, not just to control my BG but also because of my cholesterol levels which would also increase. By the way This is a wind up isn't? There seems to be a distinct lack of empirical evidence.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They also tend to downplay the success of low carbs to simply water loss and calorie reduction...
upload_2018-12-11_14-53-45.png

M

Member496333

I like the bit where they’re intentionally conflating ketosis with ketoacidosis.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
If someone says theres a paranoia that the establishment are corrupt, then reading this should be a good pointer.

Only 20- 30% of humans can cope long term with this load. It is funny that they have numbers for obesity / overweight and still reot out this busted flush.

Ground up movement is the way, only way for a while in my view.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Except in their glossary...

View attachment 29952

What load of utter BS!

If this was true, I would be dead, unless I'm ghost writing!

Ketones are not dangerous, they are nature's way of providing energy.

I wish they could see what carb intolerance does to those susceptible to endocrine conditions.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What load of utter BS!

If this was true, I would be dead, unless I'm ghost writing!

Ketones are not dangerous, they are nature's way of providing energy.

I wish they could see what carb intolerance does to those susceptible to endocrine conditions.

I think in reality few of us are in perpetual ketosis...we just stay in ketosis long enough to see the benefits...

Mudaiar2625

They'd also be the reason that I'd have to take more medication, not just to control my BG but also because of my cholesterol levels which would also increase. By the way This is a wind up isn't? There seems to be a distinct lack of empirical evidence.
Well I just started to learn on Ketogenic diet, intermittent fasting etc. May be it is true that we are to be in touch with our own metabolism and listen to the signals in the form of disease aggravation, disease remission etc. Sure will share the same of my own study with my body!!