Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Do you mean in the general population or here on the forum in particular?

There are enough risks associated with Diabetes without adding recreational drugs to the mix.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone there take cocaine
Not me... It's hard enough to keep bloodsugars under control with faculties in full working order. I don't know if you take meds, or insulin or...? But you could skip a dose, double a dose, with severe hypo's and hypers (and possibly ketoacidosis) around the corner. So no, not a good idea, all in all.

(Not just saying that because my first fiancé died of an intentional overdose, 20 odd years ago. Just, you know. Not a good plan. Not even for healthy people.)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Nope, don't need to.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Here's a link to this site's info about recreational drugs and diabetes.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/recreational-drugs/index.html

I would be particularly cautious about drug taking if you're on insulin, as if you mess up an insulin dose it can kill you.... Hypos are bad enough when you're not under the influence of drugs....

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone there take cocaine

Hi @Tonycoia ,

Welcome to the forum.

Tell us a little about yourself? Type of diabetes (if at all.) medications prescribed for diabetes??

Are you asking on your behalf, or someone else?

T2#Me

Are you maybe referring to CBD oil (often referred to as cocaine oil)? If so, then yes, CBD can be very helpful for chronic pain and anxiety.

M

Member496333

I have no problem admitting that I vaped cannabis herb as pain relief from chronic peripheral neuropathy when it peaked. It was incredibly effective at dulling and sometimes even totally eliminating the pain, and was also pretty relaxing. I found it therapeutic. I have no need for it now but have been known to partake on rare occasion. I’m teetotal though so I view it as my only vice. I shall probably indulge a little this Christmas holiday :cool:

Not sure yayo is a good idea though. We are all free to make our own personal choices, but cocaine probably releases stress hormones, raises heart rate etc. Each to their own if that’s what gets you off, but I can’t imagine it’s an optimal pastime for a diabetic :wideyed:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@T2#Me @Jim Lahey ,

Thanks for you input guys.
Being in a touring rock band for a number of years, I've seen many things. ;)

Hopefully the subject matter of the topic started can continue on discussion with the pros/cons with medicinal properties of pain & anxiety relief..

... As opposed to the assumption from the direct line in the original question posted, perceived "recreational use." :)

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only thing I partake in regularly, is what Jesus also blessed, however, it was really a gift to humanity by old Dionysus, who is really my favourite dude from the times of old - the old faithful juice from the sacred Vine. In fact I think Ill get some of it down me tonight! Best wishes to all. Theo.

Reactions: Energize

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no problem admitting that I vaped cannabis herb as pain relief from chronic peripheral neuropathy when it peaked. It was incredibly effective at dulling and sometimes even totally eliminating the pain, and was also pretty relaxing. I found it therapeutic. I have no need for it now but have been known to partake on rare occasion. I’m teetotal though so I view it as my only vice. I shall probably indulge a little this Christmas holiday :cool:

Not sure yayo is a good idea though. We are all free to make our own personal choices, but cocaine probably releases stress hormones, raises heart rate etc. Each to their own if that’s what gets you off, but I can’t imagine it’s an optimal pastime for a diabetic :wideyed:
may I ask how you got rid of your peripheral neuropathy?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there a social media expression for lighting a fire and walking away?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

Aye, it's called 'flaming'. I appreciate that the OP question may be a legitimate one, though.

Reactions: lucylocket61

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unwise to admit in an open forum, you don't know who's out there. In a nutshell, NO. I've had enough grief from prescribed drugs.

Hi,

Then you would concur that drugs prescribed or otherwise can cause problems. :)
The original question could be perceived in many ways...

There is no clarity to date as to the intention of the post. It may well be a reach out for help?
I look forward to Tony's return with some substance on this.

From the initial post starting this topic, (so far.) there is no "admission" of illicit drug use...

Indeed there is Mr Pot. :) Don't worry, I'm a "fire marshal." ;)

M

Member496333

may I ask how you got rid of your peripheral neuropathy?

It disappeared of its own accord when I started living primal-keto. Seemed like I was giving my body all the things necessary to repair itself and none of the things necessary to damage itself. The pain subsided almost straightaway and had gone within weeks.

Staples: meat (inc. organs), fish, eggs, cream, butter, plentiful overground green vegetables. Zero sugar. Zero grains. Zero fruit. Zero alcohol. Coffee and water only. Nothing processed or made in a factory. If I wouldn’t have been able to find it, kill it or make it then I don’t eat it. With the exception of 100% cocoa chocolate on occasion :D

Some will imagine my lifestyle as restrictive, but I love it and have never felt better. Amazing relationship with nature and the real foods that it provides me with. Additionally I get to keep all ten toes and be able to see them :)

Reactions: Energize

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It disappeared of its own accord when I started living primal-keto. Seemed like I was giving my body all the things necessary to repair itself and none of the things necessary to damage itself. The pain subsided almost straightaway and had gone within weeks.

Staples: meat (inc. organs), fish, eggs, cream, butter, plentiful overground green vegetables. Zero sugar. Zero grains. Zero fruit. Zero alcohol. Coffee and water only. Nothing processed or made in a factory. If I wouldn’t have been able to find it, kill it or make it then I don’t eat it. With the exception of 100% cocoa chocolate on occasion :D

Some will imagine my lifestyle as restrictive, but I love it and have never felt better. Amazing relationship with nature and the real foods that it provides me with. Additionally I get to keep all ten toes and be able to see them :)
I can definitely relate to that! See picture attached, I do this very often! next time I'll send you an invite!

Attachments

• IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    776.3 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: Ponchu and Energize

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
From the initial post starting this topic, (so far.) there is no "admission" of illicit drug use...

I realise that, I might be of a generation that doesn't read anything beyond what is actually said. I'm well aware that my siblings have a habit of reading so much into what I might type in a message without there being any intention of anything beyond what I type. However, in answer to the question which I have taken literally, I'm hardly likely to say "yes, I do".

As you say, hopefully the original poster will return to clarify.

It might be worth mentioning that I use to attend AA meetings, I learned that I wasn't alcoholic but I definitely wanted to stop drinking for good. AA are an excellent organisation and their help goes beyond helping those who want to stop drinking, there were several people at the meeting I went to that had problems with drugs, including cocaine.

Hotpepper20000

You make your own bacon? What about coffee?