What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Emma_369 - great result with your figures. Well done. @Goonergal glad to see you're returning to normality. @DJC3 - Did you get to the Bailey's yet? And @DCUKMod - I found another sweatshirt!! But in recovering that I encountered the mountain of indoor shoes - around 100 pairs! Still no sign of the jacket or the Christmas jumper though.
Bed 4.6 FBG 4.8
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Late morning - remains of the M&S anchovies, Honduran marinated prawns, mozzarella pearls and egg mayonnaise. Off to pick up boys then straight to Lego Club.
D. I'd gone into that can't be bothered mode and didn't know what to eat. Hubby wanted fish so while I was out spotted something in Tesco that caught my eye but I made it up myself rather than get their made one. It was a scallop shell with samphire, few Queenie scallops, couple of tiger prawns and a bit salmon. Had a nice star shaped lemon and chilli butter on it - I made do with their freebie butters. Had my copied version with spinach and a few veggie chips - beetroot , carrot and parsnip. Found them in the freezer section. Scoop of halo top and 2 each blackberries, blueberries and raspberries.

Saving the Bailey's for tomorrow when I make The next batch.

Well done on the sweatshirt Maglil.

When I did my Lost Property Deep Dive exercise, I found myself in the office asking for decent sized rubber bands, so that I could pair the shoes up, as I was sifting through them

I'm sure many a child could have serviced their whole childhood in school shoes from that little room.

I know towards the end of each terms, they used to have a sort of come and get it before it's gone call-out. After that they various bits, like blazers, were fair game to go into the end of term (what I used to call the) hand-me-down/big brother/sister sale.

Kingmidas

After yesterday evenings horrid carb 'rush' I was delighted to get back to my lovely fresh, clean tasting breakfast!

Small amount of oats, desiccated coconut, pumpkin and sunflower seeds topped with some previously frozen cherries and coconut milk. That's better.
20181215_105143.jpg

Lainlainylain

Hi everyone...

Today so far it’s been cheese omelette, bacon and a couple of sugar drop tomatoes...so good...have a massive craving for a BLT with mayo oozing out of it now! Think am going to experiment with bread recipes for that one, drool drool

Going into town soon to meet a friend, hopefully can resist cake..

I read the Diabetes Burnout thread last night...very enlightening but so sad to read people’s stories of lives devastated by this disease.

I’m glad our younger generations have the chance to be more informed but wonder if the addictive qualities of garbage food will win anyway, unless its often wholesome image is done with.

Sorry..will get off the box now!

Have a healthy day :)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kingmidas -- So sorry to read about the loss of your mother. Even if expected and if our parents have led a long and fulfilled life, it is always hard. My heartfelt condolences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kingmidas

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Hope everyone is having a great, enjoyable weekend, even if the weather is a bit frosty.

@shelley262 -- Those scones really do look awfully delicious.

Yesterday...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Two scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, last of the roasted vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, bellpepper and mushrooms), three lamb chops.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: One square of 95% chocolate.

Dinner: Bouillabaisse with sauce Rouille. Half a low-carb flatbread (DD keto roll recipe) with mayonnaise, Northsea shrimp and half an avocado. One glass of red wine.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, if you need to shrug the guilt trip, you could watch educational videos (of frolicking small puppies, or kittens) on YouTube, or do an onling language course, or something. :)

Haha perfect! Frolicking puppies I think.

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Kingmidas so sorry to hear of your loss. Expected or not there is always an air of finality to confront and we all handle that differently. Take care.
Breakfast: Tea - 2 x 3 pints then a dinky (normal) mug; gym reclaimed for bedroom so no exercise bike
Dockey : Dog walk then Unsweetened soya milk latte - free one from Morrisons
Lunch : Tea- By 2.30 IP being used for tomorrow’s meal prep, both sinks in use so couldn’t wash the hot chocolate maker straight after use; this is when bread for a sandwich would be useful - LC “bread” is many things but bread isn’t one of them
Afternoon: Timing of lunch means these 2 ran into each other
Evening meal: The old "very large avocado and mackerel salad 2 step" - 3 avos and 3 of our biggest eggs - now washed so 1 sink clear of eggs and the other now empty of baby bottles

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope everyone had good day today - weather lousy so made it easier that I was working today I had something urgent come up that had to be fitted in. Set mum up with 2 good films and OH kept us both supplied with tea! Reading all this talk just now of revels, Maltesers, dairy box and walnut whips etc is a bit tempting! Just had to have a square of 85% choc to satisfy the resulting choc craving !
Breakfast one sausage, slice of bacon and egg
Lunch one cheese scone with soup
Dinner chicken curry with cauliflower rice and glass of gin and soda followed by sf jelly and cream and then coffee with bit of choc. Currently having small lc baileys.
Recipe reminder posted by @maglil55 for anyone interested but who can’t find it amongst our many posts!
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/page-1017#post-1926207
Hoping to do more preps tomorrow in kitchen cooking for freezer and getting shopping lists sorted. Some Christmas pressie wrapping may also happen!

Last edited:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.
Breakfast - tried a slice of Morrison’s whole meal protein bread as toast with plenty butter - it’s my first bread since 2nd day of diagnosis as been too scared to try again but this is 8.6g carb per slice and my protein bar I usually eat with minimal consequence is 9.6g so thought worth a try. Went from 4.2BG to 5.8 at 1hr but down to 5.1 at 2hr - I can live with that so it’s a keeper

Had a late lunch/early dinner at 3pm as knew we were out over dinner time - 2 pork sausage, 3 bacon, 1 fried egg, mushrooms and a grilled tomato

Just got home from walking round in the rain looking at beautiful festively lit lanterns and managed a Santa visit too. Whilst the rest of the family had pancakes with Nutella I wilfully refrained and so am now sat with a huge cuppa and 2 squares green & blacks mint chocolate as my reward for behaving

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.3 FBG 4.6. It's got a bit wild up here. Had to go for some shopping and I reckon I had little icicles on me when I got back.
Not got the brownies made yet. Had to tackle the last of my Christmas cards and get them away. Couldn't believe I hadn't bought enough cards.
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Much, much later - slice ox tongue, 4 santini tomatoes, egg mayo and another Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream. Grenade bar - cookies and cream
D. Few more of these vegetable chips, bit of matteson sausage and a fried egg. Scoop of halo top with raspberries and blackberries.
Baileys is made - bottle 3. Had one while watching Strictly. Can I just say public should realise it's a dance contest not a personality contest.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all.
Breakfast - tried a slice of Morrison’s whole meal protein bread as toast with plenty butter - it’s my first bread since 2nd day of diagnosis as been too scared to try again but this is 8.6g carb per slice and my protein bar I usually eat with minimal consequence is 9.6g so thought worth a try. Went from 4.2BG to 5.8 at 1hr but down to 5.1 at 2hr - I can live with that so it’s a keeper

Had a late lunch/early dinner at 3pm as knew we were out over dinner time - 2 pork sausage, 3 bacon, 1 fried egg, mushrooms and a grilled tomato

Just got home from walking round in the rain looking at beautiful festively lit lanterns and managed a Santa visit too. Whilst the rest of the family had pancakes with Nutella I wilfully refrained and so am now sat with a huge cuppa and 2 squares green & blacks mint chocolate as my reward for behaving
It's not bad that Morrisons wholemeal. I found it the other week and like you 1 slice I can live with.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on the sweatshirt Maglil.

When I did my Lost Property Deep Dive exercise, I found myself in the office asking for decent sized rubber bands, so that I could pair the shoes up, as I was sifting through them

I'm sure many a child could have serviced their whole childhood in school shoes from that little room.

I know towards the end of each terms, they used to have a sort of come and get it before it's gone call-out. After that they various bits, like blazers, were fair game to go into the end of term (what I used to call the) hand-me-down/big brother/sister sale.
Our lot do the same. It's reasonably well organised just now but the school has extensive playing fields so jackets in particular can end up all over the place. I checked 99 lockers in the pavilion last week, the janitors room but the changing rooms were locked. I'll ask the cleaners to keep an eye out next week but usually the lost items have shown up by now. If I do spot anyone with the same jacket on I'll be asking for a check because I conceal labels on the jackets - I'm a sneaky Nana.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haha perfect! Frolicking puppies I think.
I got Hubby and son the same present for Christmas - Roxi - itstreams music to the TV and there are millions of tracks , every possible genre. It also comes with nice pictures while the music is playing but some may be a bit too relaxing for an exercise bike. Good fun though - you talk to the remote to find a track. Also doubles as karaoke and a name that tune game.

Kingmidas

The rest of today, foodwise

Lunch - got stuck in traffic at local shopping mall and daughter was ravenous so we had a burger - I just gave her all my bun and ate the burger and salad bit which was fine!

Dinner - sausages and green veg. Chocolate halo top with coconut cream, desiccated coconut and cacao nibs