Weekly weigh in - Fridays

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
today i weigh 89.75kg which is 15st5lbs which for my 167.6cm (5ft6ins) height and 48 years old age and male gender plus inactive activity status gives me a body mass index of over 34 which puts me in the obese bmi categorization.

Reactions: Prem51

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Are you sure? If your right, I weigh a lot more than I think :)

I use this site https://www.thecalculatorsite.com/conversions/common/kg-to-stones-pounds.php

I make it 14st 1lb and 12 oz
Thank you, @Ojustaboo, my dietitian did the conversions, which, regrettably was abysmally wrong. You've comforted me and consoled me. As well as having Insulin-Resistant Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus and Moderate To Severe Asperger Syndrome I have a diagnosis of Mild Dyscalculia which makes arithmetical skills very limited, sometimes non-existent. It's a learning disability but not of words but of numbers and arithmetic/mathematics. Thanks for the link!

Last edited:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning Campers

Hope you don’t mind me joining in.

Weight has been in the wrong trajectory for far too long now and need a push so in preparation for Friday I am weighing in at a horrendous eighteen and a half stone!

See you on Friday!
Welcome @MontyZ.
I'm far heavier but slowly losing. So many wonderful losers here ;)
See you Friday. :)

Reactions: MontyZ

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Missed my weigh in slot this morning but have been hugely bloated with IBS this week so I'm hopeful for a weigh in tomorrow. Even if just same weight it will be an achievement with the week my digestive system has had. Ouch!!!

MontyZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning campers

Self sabotaged on a Thursday night blowout! Result is a 1 llb gain - bumpers. I know weight loss is not linear but was hoping that would come later on this journey.

On the positive side it is still a pound loss per week (clutching at straws here) and just got to get through Christmas and NY before everything magically falls into place for the big push in Jan.

Starting weight 18 st 7
Current weight 18 st 5

See you next Friday and keep on losing.

Reactions: ickihun and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Wow I'm now 128.80kgs from the hospital reported 136.00kg in October/November'18
From last week's or 2wk ago 131kgs so very very happy. That's with a meal more than veg and seasoning. For a change.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I'm back up to 157 Lb finding it very difficult to control my weight since upping my prednisolone got to try and get a grip on this. :(

Don't want to go back to 600 calories a day diet but dont see much option at moment.

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost another 2.2 lbs this week. With this loss, my BMI is now 34.8 and has moved from Obese Category 2 to Obese Category 1. (I started in category 3). Currently 202.8 lbs (started at 273.59 lbs)

I have lost 9.75" (9 3/4") off my waist (so far) since I started.

Overall, I've lost 70.79 lbs so far (32.11 kg) or 5 stone 0.79.

Last edited:
Reactions: MontyZ and Prem51

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost another 2.2 lbs this week. With this loss, my BMI is now 34.8 and has moved from Obese Category 2 to Obese Category 1. (I started in category 3). Currently 202.8 lbs (started at 273.59 lbs)

Overall, I've lost 70.79 lbs so far (32.11 kg) or 5 stone 0.79.
You’re doing so incredibly well!

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat

T2#Me

Sunday Weigh In 16.12.2018

Weight was 12 stone 6 lb 2 oz {Down from 13 stone 7 lb 4 oz on 01.10.2018}

Loss this week (rounded) 1 lb

Loss from start (rounded) 15 lbs {Down from 189 lbs to 174 lbs}

BMI 27.9 * {Down from 30.3 on 01.10.2018}

* I'm not totally on board with how the NHS calculates theie version of the BMI, but it does give a nice rough and ready idea of gains and losses, so all good ... it's all motivation. :)

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s not Friday. And I’m not weighing in. But have just been to buy an outfit and both jeans and shirt are a UK size 12. And fit comfortably! At the start of August I was a size 18. Happy doesn’t cover it and I just needed somewhere to express my joy so there it is. See you all Friday for last weigh-in before Xmas :)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s not Friday. And I’m not weighing in. But have just been to buy an outfit and both jeans and shirt are a UK size 12. And fit comfortably! At the start of August I was a size 18. Happy doesn’t cover it and I just needed somewhere to express my joy so there it is. See you all Friday for last weigh-in before Xmas :)

Wonderful! It's great to fit into a smaller size isn't it?