Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just had my test results.

Hba1c 35.
Cholesterol, 5.3. No breakdown.
Weight 80 kilo. Up.
Liver function slightly higher, need retest.
BP, 134 over 72.
Insulin levels, normal.
No other issues.

Am pleased really!
Not bad, but could do better!

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Really impressed with my Hba1c.
Really wanted other results to be better though.

Hey ho!

Reactions: SimonCrox

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant HbA1c. Shame there is no cholesterol breakdown. Perhaps next time ask for a full lipid panel.
Lucky you getting an insulin test. If only we could all have one.

Reactions: Debandez

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hba1c 35.
Weight 80 kilo. Up.
BP, 134 over 72.
Insulin levels, normal.
No other issues.

Am pleased really!
Did your GP do the insulin test? If so that's about the first in the country!

lindisfel

Expert
Really impressed with my Hba1c.
Really wanted other results to be better though.

Hey ho!
Amazing results, Lamont. Your doing all the right things.

The liver result is mystifying?

Medication can mess up the liver, even using an antifungal creme and eg. The antibiotic Doxycycline can up one's GGT.

Next time you will no doubt be pristine because it could be anything doing it, but it certainly is not fructose!

I'm still waiting for an ok for another hba1c test after c.three months in keto.

I was surprised to find that those with insulin resistance can convert up to 30% glucose into fructose, whereas healthy individuals convert only 3%. No wonder diabetics get fatty livers and keto seems to be the only way forward for many of us.
ATB
Derek

Last edited:

Catkysydney

Hba1c 35.
Weight 80 kilo. Up.
BP, 134 over 72.
Insulin levels, normal.
No other issues.

Am pleased really!

Wow !! Congratulations, @Lamont D !
35 is in normal range... mine was 41...
Very good result of yours !
Thank you for posting this !

Reactions: jjraak and Lamont D

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Amazing results, Lamont. Your doing all the right things.

The liver result is mystifying?

Medication can mess up the liver, even using an antifungal creme and eg. The antibiotic Doxycycline can up one's GGT.

Next time you will no doubt be pristine because it could be anything doing it, but it certainly is not fructose!

I'm still waiting for an ok for another hba1c test after c.three months in keto.

I was surprised to find that those with insulin resistance can convert up to 30% glucose into fructose, whereas healthy individuals convert only 3%. No wonder diabetics get fatty livers and keto seems to be the only way forward for many of us.
ATB
Derek

Yes Derek,
The liver function result is mystifying.
I have had a further two bloods taken since.
I got a printout and asked my endocrinologist a few questions by email.
Waiting for a reply.
My club doctor believes it is my GP looking for trends.

What the abnormal reading is, my serum gamma GT level is 130 iu/L.
Normal range is 11 - 50 iu/L.
So it's more than double.

I have been told its not as important as the other results of my function test, which are well within normal levels.

Best wishes mate, will update you on outcome.

Reactions: jjraak

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Went to doctors, my liver function test is a lot better than it was since diagnosis and low carbing. The reason for the retest, my doctor told me, that other doctors look at the test done only and not history. All three tests were very similar and even though that particular reading was high, it is significantly lower than five years ago.
My GP was still astonished at my lifestyle and my persistent attitude towards it.
Another long chat about several topics, including my knowledge of the condition and how I have had to adapt. My surgery has taken treatment of diabetes in a new direction and is advocating lower carb and better testing. Insulin testing was mentioned and my doctor said that it was still too expensive for the majority to have but those like myself, it was important to continue with testing.
My endocrinologist has still not e-mailed me back. Which is surprising.
I have a really chests cough at the moment, and given antibiotics to treat it. Sugar and lactose free of course!

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Went to doctors, my liver function test is a lot better than it was since diagnosis and low carbing. The reason for the retest, my doctor told me, that other doctors look at the test done only and not history. All three tests were very similar and even though that particular reading was high, it is significantly lower than five years ago.
My GP was still astonished at my lifestyle and my persistent attitude towards it.
Another long chat about several topics, including my knowledge of the condition and how I have had to adapt. My surgery has taken treatment of diabetes in a new direction and is advocating lower carb and better testing. Insulin testing was mentioned and my doctor said that it was still too expensive for the majority to have but those like myself, it was important to continue with testing.
My endocrinologist has still not e-mailed me back. Which is surprising.
I have a really chests cough at the moment, and given antibiotics to treat it. Sugar and lactose free of course!

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
That’s funny. I just had the same hba1c result which had lowered and the Consultant quizzed me about what I’d been doing. Particularly because my cholesterol had gone from 9 to 5.4 in a year too! Not bad eh, this low carb lifestyle is helping but I am still not on top of other symptoms. Hey ho, I keep reading and learning from people like you.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
That’s funny. I just had the same hba1c result which had lowered and the Consultant quizzed me about what I’d been doing. Particularly because my cholesterol had gone from 9 to 5.4 in a year too! Not bad eh, this low carb lifestyle is helping but I am still not on top of other symptoms. Hey ho, I keep reading and learning from people like you.

The low carb lifestyle, is the treatment you individually need to stop the symptoms. Your Hba1c and cholesterol results are brilliant, well done @62Rose.
Do you feel better?
Have the number of hypos dropped?

Best wishes

Reactions: Shas3