Newbie from across the pond.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Brunneria, I can't find a recent video from Dave that I posted but the OP will surely find it in Bulkbikers excellent thread entitled Cholesterol and Statins.
I think this one was the most recent offering from Dr. Paul Mason and I think it's worth a repost.

To the OP. Welcome to the forum, this video may shed some light for you but does not mention the Feldman Protocol in any detail. Enjoy!

Just watched that..so interesting...thank you for posting.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Wow! Thanks for all the welcoming messages! Some of the keto forums in the US seem a little hostile to newbies and many of the users seem more interested in being sarcastic than helpful. Anyone find any validity in that? Maybe folks across the pond are just.., nicer? Anyway, your messages are refreshing and thanks to all the links to peeps and threads of interest.
I notice that a couple of you have posted your historic stats. Is that something a lot of people do here?
Anyway, I'm excited to find some goodhearted helpful and likeminded folks Thanks

welcome @TonyKeto ! I am not much "older" here on the forum than you. Also USofA, and I have definitely found that UK-based forums are happier for me to be on. I'm a member of another medical issues-tilted, UK-based one, which is just like this one for support and friendliness. Never having been on a keto forum, I wouldn't know, but I certainly see evidence that the internet and social media are a hostile environment for many. How about this-- "correlation: keto makes you mean"!!!! :hilarious::hilarious:

@Smallbrit if you were in US some time ago, midwives may have been scarce, but in my area at least, they are not at all difficult to find nowadays. They even work in hospitals, I've heard. And even home births are up. Sorry for the girl talk, Tony :D

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I finally hit upon the formula, I was able to completely deplete my liver of glycogen with a 72 hour fast. Now my waking BG level was like 3.8. Armed with this information, I fasted for 72 hours prior to my October deadline appointment with my Dr. I was feeling good, I knew my BG was down, and I had also lost a few pounds down from 185 to 165 Lbs (sorry I did not convert this. I'm a yank)

The real question then...did that result in a new FBG set point for you?