Redcadence

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Peas, discrimination, Carol Vorderman, my Diabetic nurse
I had my first review of my bloods after being diagnosed in early September. I was at 103 but now I'm at 66! Not where it needs to be but I'm very happy with where I'm at so far.

I've been playing a bit fast and lose with my diet, mostly just cutting down on carbs, and I had a horrid time with meds; Metformin made me unbelievably sick, Glucophage made me worse (I thought I was dying), but I've found a balance with Alogliptin, which I've been taking since mid-October. I'm seeing my Diabetic nurse on Friday and I hope that she will be pleased with my progress.

I'm returning to work on Monday after a 6 month absence. I had some severe mental health issues (severe depression, anxiety, agoraphobia), which were then compounded by my Diabetes diagnosis and other health complications. I finally feel well enough to go back to the "real world".

Reactions: lisa5466 and Prem51

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done on the turn around in so many aspects of your health, please accept a big pat on the back from me, hopefully you’ll get one from your nurse on Friday too!

Geoffno6

Well done you, 103 down to 66 is a massive step in the right direction, especially when it’s not just the big D that you have to contend with

Reactions: Redcadence

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That's a great reduction in just 3 months, despite the problems with meds and other conditions. Well done @Redcadence! :)

Reactions: Redcadence

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
You should be proud of the work you have put in, with everything else you have going on you should be super proud. Keep it up and it will be a mere blip on road of life

Reactions: Prem51

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Over the decades I have found that I can cope with things far better when eating low carb than when not - I expect that I have had a lifelong inability to cope with carbs and that spilled over into other things too. I can only urge you to really get into the low carb way of eating and - hopefully - you will feel the same way I do.