Cystoscopy

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
Cystoscopy

Going next week for a Cystoscopy a NHS camera is sent up my little chap into my bladder ? :shock:
to have a look around and take a sample :?

Any of you bad Boys had this done yet :?:
How big is this flipping NHS video camera :?: :shock:

Heres hoping its not a VHS Camcorder :?

Bob

primmers

I'm not a chap I'm afraid, but my Dad's had quite a few of these done and is very matter of fact about it (yes I know not many Dads would discuss this with a daughter but he tells me this sort of stuff so I can chat with the medics at work to see if what they say matches what his docs say) I think he gets an antibiotic shot every time as the first time he had it done it triggered an infection and he has a dodgy immune system, but I don't think that's standard as he has to remind the staff when he goes along.

Most medical procedures are a lot easier if you can relax as they're being done because your muscles will be more relaxed so the procedure itself will be mechanically easier. Remember that what is embarrassing and abnormal for you is workaday for them. If you have any fears or concerns tell the staff, they're not psychic, usually will have heard the worry before and have a ready answer.

Best of luck.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sorry no experience of this procedure but here's hoping all goes well for next week Bob!

Nigel

chrissieworne

Hi Bob, not had any experience of this but have had catheters placed before so not sure if this similar sensation? Last time they did use a "numbing" gel on the tube to make it less uncomfortable.

Perhaps they offer a sedative?

Don't know if this helps, best of luck with it.

Chris. x