Going around in circles!

craig55

I have spent hours searching for recipes for the amateur baker and not got very far...It is so frustrating as so many recipes include various ingredients which believe it or not contain sugar.
Since being diagnosed pre diabetic I have cut back on my treats but there comes a point when enough is enough. Can anyone suggest a book or a link to a website for deserts and treats for the amateur baker please which uses a sugar alternative ingredient suitable for us?
Thank you in advance

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I have spent hours searching for recipes for the amateur baker and not got very far...It is so frustrating as so many recipes include various ingredients which believe it or not contain sugar.
Since being diagnosed pre diabetic I have cut back on my treats but there comes a point when enough is enough. Can anyone suggest a book or a link to a website for deserts and treats for the amateur baker please which uses a sugar alternative ingredient suitable for us?
Thank you in advance
Hi @craig55, I had the same problem. Now I know I prefer people to have tried recipes before suggesting them but I've bookmarked this and I'm going to make it for Christmas.
I like the ideas too
https://sugarfreelondoner.com/low-carb-christmas-pudding/

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B0561F54-1B00-4686-B2C1-50FE82B454F6.jpeg
nice one @Rachox, why does the picture look like there's a cake under the choc layer?

Do you mean on the chocolate peanut squares? Mine have a slight line but no as definite as the DD pic, it’s defo only made in one layer and no cake present! (And yes I’ve got chopped mixed nuts on top not peanuts.)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
View attachment 30111

Do you mean on the chocolate peanut squares? Mine have a slight line but no as definite as the DD pic, it’s defo only made in one layer and no cake present! (And yes I’ve got chopped mixed nuts on top not peanuts.)
Ohhh @Rachox that's brilliant. We should meet up and share recipes and tips

Reactions: Rachox

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thank you in advance
Used to make chocolate cake which included ground almonds and cocoa, only 50g of flour, so if I can find a suitable sugar substitute should surely qualify as low carb.
Sorry I cant be more helpful, am struggling with the same issue and finding myself reluctant to spend money on expensive substitute ingredients that may not be suitable, or delicious. However will have to have a go soon as promised to make this cake for the next meeting of the Diabetes Prevention course, which is in less than a week.
So watch this space.