Trulicity Injections

Mijas_pueblo_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

Is anyone here taking Trulicity injections? I've just had my first one. Just wondering if anyone has had success with it? I've tried Victoza before and was very ill, so a bit nervous. Thanks x
Snap.

Taking first injection today.
Very nervous to say the least. Just hoping this works, with least side effects as possible :)
Been ploughing through sites to see what not to eat.
Had very bad dioreah on Metformin.
As they say. Watch this space !

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hey Barbara, for me almost immediately, probably two hours after injection. But I just got nausea, no vomiting or diarrhoea. I’ve stacked on weight after being in insulin this year

Thanks for the answer, Roseanne. I am only on Metformin at the moment (though been on gliclazide in the past) and the DN said more Metformin alone (which they have given me) wouldn’t cut it as my HbA1C was over 80. She didn’t want to give me anything that would make it harder to lose weight, hence trying Trulicity, which should help. Though if I could stop chowing down the carbs and go low carb again, that would help too.

When the nausea came, was it more or less constant, or did it come and go? How long have you been on Trulicity?

toscamo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I've been on Trulicity since the start of this year, alongside insulin and metformin. I felt nauseous for a good couple of months but have never found it actually affects my appetite, so I haven't lost weight (however, I haven't put any on either, after a constant weight increase over the previous couple of years since I started using insulin). It's had a good effect on my blood sugars though, they almost halved within a week of the first injection.

Mijas_pueblo_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Those of you who have had unwanted side effects with this, how soon after the first injection do they kick in? I have just been prescribed this, planning to leave it till after Christmas, but want to choose the optimum time for minimal disruption
Wish I had thought of that..
2nd day of Trulicity. Chronic Nausea/Indigestion/Wind. .
4 days to xmas. Hope it eases, or I will be on the balcony eating my dinner

Mijas_pueblo_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hiya Janemarie71,

I had my first Trulicity injection last Thurs so due for my second one tomorrow.
Unfortunately for me it gave me horrendous tummy cramps that first night and since then have felt constantly sick with no appetite.
I've also stopped looking weight and think it's to do with my metabolism as it thinks I've gone on to starvation mode. My DN did say it causes side effects but I can't keep going like this.
I'm going to give tomorrow's injection another go and if I still feel the same next week then shall chat with my DN.

I'm really hoping you don't have these side effects as we are all different but be great if we can keep in touch and compare feelings etc...

All the best with it.
Sarah
Hi
Been on Trulicity 2 days. Chronic nausea/indigestion/wind. Nightmare, hope this eases soon !!
Only goid thing blood down to 98. Been over 200 for nearly a year. If this carries on will be eating xmas dinner on our balcony :)

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Did my first injection 45 minutes ago (ow! Hurts more than a finger prick.). A opulent of hours to bedtime, so we’ll see what develops.

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
So far so good.... 14 hours and a good night’s sleep on - no side effects worth mentioning (I keep on asking myself if that is a little bit of nausea, or a little stomach pain, but if it is, it’s very mild and temporary). BG this morning of 9.8 - the first time I’ve seen single digits in months, lately I’ve typically been over 13 first thing.

BarbaraG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
A week on, and BG continues to decline slowly, no doubt helped by the reduction in appetite caused by the Trulicity, as well as my own efforts to eat better and exercise more.

How big a difference is it making? Well, my HbA1C taken at the end of November was 83 or 86 ( can’t quite remember, I was so shocked). My Libre Freestyle gives me an estimated A1C based on the last week’s readings of 53.