Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Perhaps you need to change your Avatar now? :D

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
Hi Kristin. It is so great that you are back! I’m so sorry you are allergic to avocado. My diet mimics what yours used to be, and I’d be lost without the avo, so good work you ! Best wishes Leeanne

Reactions: Prem51

Leeannea

Type of diabetes
LADA
P.S Have you tried flaxseeds? They are very low carb and moderate protein. I mix them with some almond milk, leave them till they soften up a bit, then eat. Yummy!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Kristin and welcome back - I'm sorry to hear that our Avocado Queen is allergic to her favourite food - it must have been quite a blow for you! I hope you can find a sutable replacement that will be better for you.

Robbity

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Kristin. It is so great that you are back! I’m so sorry you are allergic to avocado. My diet mimics what yours used to be, and I’d be lost without the avo, so good work you ! Best wishes Leeanne
I’m just eating some veg or salad.
I’ve had a few acupuncture treatments for digestion which seem to be successful. Though I don’t think I can change much due to staying low carb.
Everything was so simple with avocado keeping everything so stable. Without dairy and nuts fats are hard to come by. Duck fat, olives and olive oil are my main fats.

Nice to see you too!!!! It’s been awhile. Hope you’re well!!

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Kristin and welcome back - I'm sorry to hear that our Avocado Queen is allergic to her favourite food - it must have been quite a blow for you! I hope you can find a sutable replacement that will be better for you.

Robbity
Hi @Robbity ! Hope you’re well!
It was a blow and it wasn’t. I had a sneaky suspicion but pushed the ignore button. Another one bites the dust lol. Onward and upward right?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Then nobody will know it’s me lol.
How about something like this......
cross.png

Reactions: Diakat and Prem51

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Delighted to see you Kristin, hope you've been keeping well despite the problems with avocado !! (of all things! :meh:)
Must admit, I don't buy many avos these days - for some reason they all taste 'off', a bit dry, no flavour, no creaminess that they used to have. I haven't been around much myself these past few months (other things going on); I 'lurk' a bit sometimes, just to see what's going on.

Hope you manage to find a really good substitute eventually. Isn't that just like life - you think you've got it cracked & then something throws a spanner in the works and beggars it all up :rolleyes:

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Peruvian avos I buy haven't been so good lately. Waitrose only had South African this week, I bought two but they were worse. I might give avos a miss until the good Peruvian ones come back.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Delighted to see you Kristin, hope you've been keeping well despite the problems with avocado !! (of all things! :meh:)
Must admit, I don't buy many avos these days - for some reason they all taste 'off', a bit dry, no flavour, no creaminess that they used to have. I haven't been around much myself these past few months (other things going on); I 'lurk' a bit sometimes, just to see what's going on.

Hope you manage to find a really good substitute eventually. Isn't that just like life - you think you've got it cracked & then something throws a spanner in the works and beggars it all up :rolleyes:
Hi @Salvia ! I lurked on occasion as well. Didn’t see much of you!!
I sure don’t miss incubating them all the time!
I’m just eating some random veggies instead. Found ones that work well so just another day!
But the thought of never dipping into a little guac is a bit over whelming. Haha

Hope you’re well. Good to see you again

bchabfan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I miss my friends !!
Hope everyone is well!!
Guess who’s allergic to avocado lol. Yup...sure am.

Thought you might like to know I just started taking CBD( hemp) oil and holy man have my sugars dropped, too much in fact. I’ll be working that out. Fastings are about 30 ml/dL lower and having a few hypos during the day. Injust started on a low dose so too soon to draw any conclusions but it has so many health benefits I thought I’d give it a shot. I knew smoking pot in high school was good for me lol. Not sure if y’all can get it there. Is it legal or is the US one up on you for the first time haha.

Anyway, I hope everyone is really happy and healthy.

Yes it is legal here in Canada, I have taken a non THC hemp oil which has helped calm down my blood sugar levels, I am happy with the results, no more swings or cravings haha