T1 food.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Surf & Turf chicken with baked potato and creamy mushroom side for dinner on my last night in Prague. 43g/3u for this one and it was absolutely scrumptious!
558948b00e64b0a5b4d562957b5a86a5.jpg

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki 'tis the devils food is pizza; I find I can safely pinch a slice off someone and take 3u and not spike, but if I eat a whole one :) I spike, or if I don't by taking 2 or 3 jabs for it then I spike when I'm asleep, but being a glutton doesn't help much...

How was parent's evening @kev-w ?
Fish pie and veg for me tonight 33g carbs.

Parents evening? Hmmmmm yes, about 55/45 to the good, which I'm not very pleased about as it's her first term, but they've got my number now so she knows I'll be getting a call if she misbehaves, she's 12 on Sunday and has more freedom than I'd give her and her mobile phone's banned from mine as I'm a misery, grrrrr....

A frozen curry defrosted and reheated for tea, and a 60g complex carbs pouch of rice as I cba cooking it :) 6u Humalog.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As a low carb Type 2, reading this thread is a form of masochism!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Ah, she'll be ok @kev-w mostly good is great
Toasted cheese and tomato sandwich for me 32g carbs but obviously a type of mini-pizza so split my bolus. Now on 8.7 and coming down so not bad.

K

Knikki

@Knikki 'tis the devils food is pizza; I find I can safely pinch a slice off someone and take 3u and not spike, but if I eat a whole one :) I spike, or if I don't by taking 2 or 3 jabs for it then I spike when I'm asleep, but being a glutton doesn't help much...

Years of experimentation and getting it wrong :writer: but even now different pizzas do different things and I don't always get it right :rolleyes::happy:

But unfortunately the "Devils" food is always more tasty and worth a go :hilarious:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A bit of a change of carbs, potato, chopped Polish sausage & brie fritters shallow fried with chicken in garlic onion and tomato sauce with chipotle chillis and broccoli, be about 75g carbs all in, 6u Humalog.
photo.JPG

K

Knikki

2urukwk.jpg

Low carb for me for a change some new spuds, lots of veg and 2x Pork chops all in all I worked out 15g of carb did 1.5 units and then another 1.5 just before bed.

Bed at 6.5 woke at 8.1 so not bad.

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday night special, Morrisons best lasagne al forno for 2 :p, 76g carbs, steamed veg and a pot of low fat humous with a little Nandos sauce, 100g carbs all in with 8u Humalog

photo.JPG

I got my weight back up to 80kg so have backed 20 - 30g carbs off the evening meal.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Tea tonight
photo.JPG

will have those vegetables in it, (pot noodle's not mine but shown for a giggle :p ) I never show the veg content of my food as usually steamed it's plonked on the plate with the curry chucked over it.
Thai I'm having with brown basmati rice, 7u Humalog and around 100g carbs all in.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Meatballs with cheese, gnocci & steamed veg with a tomato sauce, as that's what the child requested, scotch mince (a bargain half price too), garlic, onion, mushroom and tomato blitzed in the blender, chipotle chilli in mine :p around 110g carbs all in. Edit, and 8.5u Humalog as the gnocci carbs (tho not excessive) can give a late spike.

photo.JPG

Last edited:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Friday night special, slightly burnt chipotle chicken & smoked sausage omelette, tomato, onion, broccoli, garlic and shallots with a cheese centre, served with brown basmati rice, humous and olives, 85g carbs all in and 6.5u Humalog

photo.JPG

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w . Gave you a winner emoji. Your ability to load the plate is becoming legendary.
But, but, but, OLIVES???? :stop::stop:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@kev-w . Gave you a winner emoji. Your ability to load the plate is becoming legendary.

To be honest (and it may surprise you) there's very little savoury food I won't eat :p :p

I'm occasionally prone to the munchies so keep things like olives to hand so's not to spike....

Reactions: SueJB and therower
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

I burst out laughing, so thank you for posting :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Hmmm olives, okay in very small doses or in a Mediterranean casserole :)

Reactions: kev-w

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm currently bored of poached eggs, so bought a new non stick milk pan and have changed to scrambled eggs :p
photo.JPG

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
photo.JPG

A change tonight, by request of the 12 year old, sausage in Yorkshire puddings, veg, mash and gravy, with a couple of lamb chops on mine, guessing 120g carbs and 8u Humalog.
I've not posted pics up recently, simply as what I've shown so far is what I eat and you've seen the regular menu :p :) sausages are a rareity as to me they're full of both fat and cholesterol so best given a wide berth same as bacon, although that won't stop me from finding some Toulouse bangers for the Christmas period.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Still needs more gravy :hilarious:
What it did need was another 2.5u Humalog as I spiked to 10.6 :) tho I'm blaming that on the mint sauce :p

The current issue is the stores best lemon cheesecake sat in the fridge, evil food the child requested as it was a mark down teach em young :p I won't eat it so have rang the ex to come and remove it along with the large iced gingerbread reindeer that she's just had me make icing for.
I keep opening the fridge door to look at the cheesecake, I've sniffed at it and my eyes watered :) it's still where I put it and hasn't moved, but I'll catch it if it does.
Oh I wish I had some Fiasp :p

Reactions: Knikki