Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Silver Hammer

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 this morning. Oops, I know I was bad last night but I didn't expect that. Still it was a wonderful meal with a very good red wine, followed by cheese and port...
I will probably have a few more spikes over Christmas and then get back on track in the New Year

Maxwell

Ally Pally

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The colour pink!
I had roast beef, roast potatos, gravy, brussell sprouts, lovely yorkshire pudding then finished off with a brandy mince pie with custard for office Xmas dinner party with colleagues yesterday.

Two hours later my bg levels went up to 12 mmols/l ...what a spike !

After all it's Christmas hahahaha !!!

Woke up with a lovely 5.3 this morning.

I was given a pack of four mince pies and after eating one only, I spiked to 15 mmol/L. With a heavy heart I had to ditch the remaining three.

Reactions: JanetMcDowell

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had roast beef, roast potatos, gravy, brussell sprouts, lovely yorkshire pudding then finished off with a brandy mince pie with custard for office Xmas dinner party with colleagues yesterday.

Two hours later my bg levels went up to 12 mmols/l ...what a spike !

After all it's Christmas hahahaha !!!

Woke up with a lovely 5.3 this morning.
yesterday fbs 5.9 .. at 1300 had fish and chips as i knew i was going out in the evening.two hours later it was 8.0 def the highest ive had since diagnosed..at 4 hours after, i tested again it was 5.3 tested again two minutes later 5.8..after a night of excesses tested sat @1045 fbs was 5.3........

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A good chapati for a good chap. Seems like a long time ago when I started LC and couldn't avoid an Indian meal (youngest Son's pre-wedding gathering) chapati was flagged as an ok choice.
im going for an indian tonight any low carb suggestions please?