Type 2 Blue tooth Testing meters (Contour)

Daryl72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, Im looking at getting a Contour Next one meter or similar unit, I keep reading comments that some have wrong read out for UK use. Does anyone know if I have to order a specific unit and where from? or is there a better option out there?

D

Deleted member 308541

Hello, Im looking at getting a Contour Next one meter or similar unit, I keep reading comments that some have wrong read out for UK use. Does anyone know if I have to order a specific unit and where from? or is there a better option out there?
I have just ordered a free one from Ascectia here in Australia, and the meter is in mmol/l.

Here's the UK website where it is also in mmol/l as default as well.

https://www.contournextone.co.uk/

M

Member496333

There’s been a few complaints about UK Amazon-sourced units being mg/dl.

D

Deleted member 308541

I and my daughter both have one free of charge from the website and both came set to mmol/l .
Because that's the way they work John.

I am still waiting for my Net One to arrive, but the extra mail and a truck strike over the xmas period has delayed, it will be after the holiday now.

bchabfan

Type of diabetes
Type 2

I have a contour next here in Canada, seems to work well. I like the fact if you dont get enough blood the first time it will let you do again with same strip

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Sure thing. Just saying that those who are potentially buying from Amazon UK should be aware that some are allegedly mg/dl models :)
And you are correct I can't find one in UK measurements on Amazon. So it's a case of Caveat emptor it seems but it would be best if in the UK not getting one from Amazon or at least read the questions and reviews before buying.

Best of all go to the contour next one web site and apply for a free one.

https://www.contournextone.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzqL76aa13wIVRuJ3Ch1RTQcOEAAYASAAEgLOdPD_BwE

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just “won” one on their Facebook page as I believe many here have. They do monthly draws for them. Obviously loss leaders for the strips. It’s definitely mmol. Just need to decide I feel I want to make the switch from accucheck mobile.

The contour is small and most relevantly has Bluetooth to a phone app but has separate strips and a weird lancet thing. Allegedly more accurate.

The accucheck has a easy cartridge and multi click lancet but at least 5/50 readings fail as the testing area is very fussy and still waiting on a bulky Bluetooth adapter

Daryl72

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sure thing. Just saying that those who are potentially buying from Amazon UK should be aware that some are allegedly mg/dl models :)
I just “won” one on their Facebook page as I believe many here have. They do monthly draws for them. Obviously loss leaders for the strips. It’s definitely mmol. Just need to decide I feel I want to make the switch from accucheck mobile.

The contour is small and most relevantly has Bluetooth to a phone app but has separate strips and a weird lancet thing. Allegedly more accurate.

The accucheck has a easy cartridge and multi click lancet but at least 5/50 readings fail as the testing area is very fussy and still waiting on a bulky Bluetooth adapter

Well am a muppet as I didn’t know, but thank you for your help and the link

D

Deleted member 308541

I have been reading some of the comments on Amazon from a selection of the buyers and seller (not Amazon), they range from how does the blood get into the meter, it was cheap because of the out of date strips.

Here's the Contour Next One website for a "free" meter, as you will pay £35.00 for a bargain from Amazon UK or Ebay.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well am a muppet as I didn’t know, but thank you for your help and the link

Any one can make a mistake this one you may just have to right of to experience.

Just get one from the contour next one site any strips you may have bought can be used and there is always Ebay to recoup some of your losses possibly some one from the States or Canada may want one to take home with them.

D

Deleted member 308541

@Daryl72 The over night freight courier just delivered my free Contour Next One.

Here's a pix of the box contents, it has one of those nail gun lancing devices which will go into the collection I have of them. The trusty Fastclix will be replacing it.

II7XPql.jpg

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
I use this meter. It’s okay. The phone app is interesting, and can plot a nice trend if you turn your phone on it’s side while looking at the data. It’s neat.

D

Deleted member 308541

I use this meter. It’s okay. The phone app is interesting, and can plot a nice trend if you turn your phone on it’s side while looking at the data. It’s neat.
I used the app to set the meter up, it's a lot easier for my old eyes.

I have no data to chart as yet, but it looks interesting.

Reactions: Jollymon

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How long do they take to deliver? I ordered mine last night so hope to get it mid January.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
You can use other apps with it.. mySugr and Glooko are good

Reactions: Jollymon

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
How long do they take to deliver? I ordered mine last night so hope to get it mid January.
It's a bit hit and miss mine took several weeks but not an inordinate amount of time my daughter had hers in a couple of weeks I think.

Reactions: Daphne917