ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If I didnt get reoccuring IBS I'd be in my summer jeans more often too.
After my latest bout of thrush my period has decided to join my pain party. If it wasn't all so painful I'd be happy that my menstrual cycle had rotated in any direction within the past few months. I think I'm at every 6-7ish week cycle. All down to stopping metformin though. No way like monthly under mets influence. So hormones aside, even prolactin ones I'm the same weight this week but haven't been refusing the odd carb. Ironically my bgs are a little lower than those on sugar milkshakes. Mebeverine sugar coated IBS tablets have settled my system. I think alcohol is one of my IBS triggers. A Xmas lacquer caused me mayhem and days of severe stomach pains, like food poisoning.

So all that aside a same weight weigh-in for me is a bonus. :) :) :)

Reactions: Emma_369

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Seems the Xmas fairies are on my side this week. A very unexpected 5 pound loss!
Starting weight 15st 12
Today’s weight 11st 13
Total lost 3st 13
Nearly fell off the scales with excitement at seeing an 11 in the stone section. And the fact I’m a pound away from 4 stone means I may have to do a Xmas morning weigh - in just to see if I’ve got it as I won’t be home next Friday and refuse to weigh myself on holiday anyway :)

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,
Another weigh in day for me. down another 2.4 lbs (1.09 kg)

I was 273.59 lb (124.09 kg), I am now 200.4 lb (90.9 kg)
This gives me total weight loss: so far of 73.19 lbs (33.2 g - 5 stone 3.19 )
My BMI: was 48.0, now 34.4, lost over 26% of starting weight

I now weigh less than my husband (who's a foot taller than me).

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,
Another weigh in day for me. down another 2.4 lbs (1.09 kg)

I was 273.59 lb (124.09 kg), I am now 200.4 lb (90.9 kg)
This gives me total weight loss: so far of 73.19 lbs (33.2 g - 5 stone 3.19 )
My BMI: was 48.0, now 34.4, lost over 26% of starting weight

I now weigh less than my husband (who's a foot taller than me).
Another great week for you! Well done

Reactions: zauberflote

T2#Me

Sunday Weigh In 23.12.2018

Weight was 12 stone 5 lb 4 oz {Down from 13 stone 7 lb 4 oz on 01.10.2018}

Loss this week (rounded) 1 lb

Loss from start (rounded) 16 lbs {Down from 189 lbs to 173 lbs}

BMI 27.8 * {Down from 30.3 on 01.10.2018}

It's not exciting, but it's steady, which is fine with me just now. So all good :)

* The NHI website where I measure my BMI recommends I lose another 9 lbs to get to their recommended weight.
My doctor the other day recommended I lose 14 lbs to get to my recommended weight.
Navigating the advice on the web requires a cool head and a calm disposition ...
I am enjoying the other positive side effects of losing weight which do not show up on the scales, for example my clothes becoming loose and suddenly finding my ribs in the mirror, being able to get up amd move around much more easily, meeting people on interesting walks, small challenges on the fitness bike ... it's not all about the merciless scales ... lol.
I myself am content to lose 1 lb per week and see where I can get to ...

Motto for this week: Keep Calm And Eat Your Bacon!

PS.
Incidentally, my HBA1C has come down from 48 to 42, which is a blessing ... great incentive to keep going!

Reactions: Prem51

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not Friday but I said I’d weigh in xmas day to see if I hit the 4 stone mark and over the moon that I have! 11st 12 this morning, so exactly 4 stone lost. Now to go gain a few pound in turkey and pigs in blankets :)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not Friday but I said I’d weigh in xmas day to see if I hit the 4 stone mark and over the moon that I have! 11st 12 this morning, so exactly 4 stone lost. Now to go gain a few pound in turkey and pigs in blankets :)

Well done!

MontyZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seems the Xmas fairies are on my side this week. A very unexpected 5 pound loss!
Starting weight 15st 12
Today’s weight 11st 13
Total lost 3st 13
Nearly fell off the scales with excitement at seeing an 11 in the stone section. And the fact I’m a pound away from 4 stone means I may have to do a Xmas morning weigh - in just to see if I’ve got it as I won’t be home next Friday and refuse to weigh myself on holiday anyway :)
Excellent losing and have a greats hols

MontyZ

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning Campers

Hope you have had a great Christmas and congratulations you losers!

No gain this week despite my excess so it being Christmas am treating that as a victory.

Roll on the NY and the big push!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
162 Lb this week this is starting to be a concern for me at this rate I will have to go and buy back my old clothes from the charity shop. :(

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I'm up 2lbs today at 157lbs. Hopefully it's just the festive season's excesses and I'll be back to around 155lbs soon.

Reactions: ickihun

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

More weight lost this past week with my weight in date.
Lost 2.4 lbs, (1.09 kg)
total weight loss so far : 75.79 lbs (34.38 kg - 5 stone 5.79 ) BMI: was 48.0, now 34.0,

Current Weight: Dec 30 : 197.8 lb (89.72 kg), finally under 200 lbs for the first time in over 32 years :)

Starting Weight: July 5 : 273.59 lb (124.09 kg)

Reactions: Ponchu

T2#Me

Sunday Weigh In 30.12.2018

Weight was 12 stone 4 lb 2 oz {Down from 13 stone 7 lb 4 oz on 01.10.2018}

Loss this week (rounded) 1 lb

Loss from start (rounded) 17 lbs {Down from 189 lbs to 172 lbs}

BMI 27.6 * {Down from 30.3 on 01.10.2018}

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

More weight lost this past week with my weight in date.
Lost 2.4 lbs, (1.09 kg)
total weight loss so far : 75.79 lbs (34.38 kg - 5 stone 5.79 ) BMI: was 48.0, now 34.0,

Current Weight: Dec 30 : 197.8 lb (89.72 kg), finally under 200 lbs for the first time in over 32 years :)

Starting Weight: July 5 : 273.59 lb (124.09 kg)
Congratulations on seeing under 200lbs. You’re weight loss journey is incredible!

Reactions: Chronicle_Cat

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
159 Lb today so a slight loss overall over the past week or so despite Christmas and new Year when weight went up somewhat.

Reactions: Ponchu and Prem51

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5 feet eight inches

and not often of late

I reduced weight over about a year or so by 8.5 stones going from 18.5 down to 10 stones since then have put just about a stone and a few pounds back on wife and family more or less have insisted on it as they thought I had lost too much but I would prefer to keep it at about 10 stone 7 Lbs if possible.

Ponchu

5 feet eight inches

and not often of late

I reduced weight over about a year or so by 8.5 stones going from 18.5 down to 10 stones since then have put just about a stone and a few pounds back on wife and family more or less have insisted on it as they thought I had lost too much but I would prefer to keep it at about 10 stone 7 Lbs if possible.

Would love to read more of your success.

Congrats & thank you.

Ponchu

PS

I’m 5’ 9” and 164 with 32” waist.

It’s been decades since I was this size and think that 155 lbs may be my ideal weight. 30” waist seems to be a healthy target. BMI has me “normal” now, but near the border of “overweight.”

BF percentage from online calculator estimate is about 15%

I’d like to be optimal, if possible.