640gn connection problems

jakay42

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Treadmills
In connected my Contour Next to my PC to look at my pump data and when finished I find my meter is failing to connect to the pump. I go into setting and it says that the meter is connected to the pump but still when I test is fails to connect. Any help appreciated.

Jakay

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
What Medtronic software on your computer are you using? There was some old software and it would appear to be connected, but it would fail to download. You had to use a strange combination of browser, operating system and OS, it would work sometimes and fail on other occasions. I use a MAC and that was even worse. The newer software is much better, but there have been a number of upgrades to the ‘downloader’ software. I gave up and called the Medtronic Help Line an they were quite good although I had to occasionally go off script (I’m an IT Professional). Just watch out as I have recently come across a really nasty and patronising Helpdesk person on an unrelated to IT matter.

jakay42

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Treadmills
What Medtronic software on your computer are you using? There was some old software and it would appear to be connected, but it would fail to download. You had to use a strange combination of browser, operating system and OS, it would work sometimes and fail on other occasions. I use a MAC and that was even worse. The newer software is much better, but there have been a number of upgrades to the ‘downloader’ software. I gave up and called the Medtronic Help Line an they were quite good although I had to occasionally go off script (I’m an IT Professional). Just watch out as I have recently come across a really nasty and patronising Helpdesk person on an unrelated to IT matter.

Thanks for that Chowie. I will call Bayer in the morning and see if they have solution. Just really strange that the first time I connect the meter it goes pete tong, figures!!.

Jakay

Lorraine1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Help my meter won't connect to my pump for some reason. They are connected in my settings. I use the minimed 640g