Type 1'stars R Us

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, it's go get goose day. I'm going try my hand at some LC biscuits, need to find the recipe first..... then on my bike.
Madam rose to 5.5 this morning which is only just about acceptable because of the little bits of stollen Mr B kept tempting me with.
As a thought, how much water does everyone drink? Does drinking more make you feel/look better?[/QUOTE]

I do tend to drink a lot of water however this is topped up with whisky, so it makes me feel good if nothing else:):):)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@DCUKMod Sadly her gifts not his.

I'll have to go with having has @Jaylee 's chip surgically removed for security.

@Scott-C as I don't eat meat I'll have to serve them to family. Do you think sage and onion will match?

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Afternoon all, him indoors has been getting last minute things for the Christmas fish and chips - he was very tempted by an air fryer too but luckily didn’t get it, not sure where it’d be stored in our small kitchen! Already got the booze, the fruit, the nuts fresh picked and brought from Greece (Yes, I like squirrels), and water? Not sure how much, tea, coffee, plain . . . a goodly amount.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Afternoon all :)

Nice catching up on everyones posts.

No rain here yet... but dull and dark clouds...

Another day indoors. Fluffy socks and pjz kind of day. Babysitting the niece later- crafts and a movie planned.

Been steady between 5-6, not sure how long that is going to last as hubby has opened a box of Maltesers....

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, it's go get goose day. I'm going try my hand at some LC biscuits, need to find the recipe first..... then on my bike.
Madam rose to 5.5 this morning which is only just about acceptable because of the little bits of stollen Mr B kept tempting me with.
As a thought, how much water does everyone drink? Does drinking more make you feel/look better?

Ooo I am in the mood for making biscuits/shortbread...

Most days I drink 2-3 litres. When I say most days, I mean when I am at work (no hot drinks at our desk policy) so it makes it easier to drink more water. It took me a while to build this up.

I struggle at home and don’t drink anywhere as near as much- although I am getting better.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1544025733133.jpg

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
V little to report here, my low carb baking worked out well! BG behaving, although my solitary parsnip on the 25th will no doubt ruin that ;) Just braved the horror of a food shop, popping out to see a friend to leave the gouty, broken armed husband alone to wrap his stuff.

Somerset, kettle's on, what colour shorts so I'll recognise you?
I grew up in Somerset :)

Reactions: hh1 and Alison54321

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Ooo I am in the mood for making biscuits/shortbread...

Most days I drink 2-3 litres. When I say most days, I mean when I am at work (no hot drinks at our desk policy) so it makes it easier to drink more water. It took me a while to build this up.

I struggle at home and don’t drink anywhere as near as much- although I am getting better.
I've just finished making my sugarless version of marzipankartoffeln @CranberryIce . Magically easy and yes clearly a bit naughty with 2 tbsp of Cointreau but ooh ooh ooh, ground almonds at their best, brilliant little balls, dusted with cocoa and cinnamon.

Reactions: Alison54321

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've just finished making my sugarless version of marzipankartoffeln @CranberryIce . Magically easy and yes clearly a bit naughty with 2 tbsp of Cointreau but ooh ooh ooh, ground almonds at their best, brilliant little balls, dusted with cocoa and cinnamon.

Hi Sue - Did you use a particular recipe for the marzipankartoffeln, please?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Mel dCP I didn't! I'm an escapee Londoner, here for 27 years now and never going back to the smoke. Whereabouts, Mel? Just curious; I think pretty much most of this county is wonderful in some very different ways. I could work for the tourist board, no problem!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP I didn't! I'm an escapee Londoner, here for 27 years now and never going back to the smoke. Whereabouts, Mel? Just curious; I think pretty much most of this county is wonderful in some very different ways. I could work for the tourist board, no problem!
A little village just outside Bridgwater. Whereabouts are you?

Gonna need that marzipan recipe @SueJB - I love the stuff and it’s about the only thing missing from my festive feasting! Except meat. And cheese. And carbs.. ;)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Carol service is all done for another year. Crib Service, Midnight Mass and Christmas Morning to go. For organist's duties, that is.

This will be my first Christmas doing this marathon set of services on insulin . So, there will be peculiar times of night for me to be up and about, and some services clashing with my late afternoon low spot. It would be a year when the services are all close together.

I've got Sunday Mornings more or less sorted on the "Let's NOT have a hypo on the organ stool because you've overcompensated for the lack of activity with too much insulin, thank you." front as well as the "Let's not be grouchy because you're hyper on the grounds you don't want a hypo on the organ stool" front but clearly the Carol Service sent me off on a stress hyper by the time we'd finished. That pre-tea 11.2 was unnecessary, in my humble opinion. It's come down now after a brisk walk.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
A little village just outside Bridgwater. Whereabouts are you?

Gonna need that marzipan recipe @SueJB - I love the stuff and it’s about the only thing missing from my festive feasting! Except meat. And cheese. And carbs.. ;)
@Mel dCP so it's not marzipan but nearly. Easy 200g almond flour (hohohoho aka ground almonds) That sugar substitute, erythritol.... you have to use your own judgement as to how sweet you like it. 2 tbsp Cointreau or what ever takes your fancy and more if it doesn't squidge. Mix and squidge into smaller then sprout size balls, squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze to make them nice and solid. Mix together cocoa powder and some ground cinnamon.. balance to suit yourself. Roll the balls in the stuff and put on a plate to dry a bit, settle and be nice. Eat. This is the original recipe
https://www.thespruceeats.com/traditional-german-christmas-candy-recipe-1446759
Mine are disappearing, might make a photo shoot tomorrow:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Mel dCP so it's not marzipan but nearly. Easy 200g almond flour (hohohoho aka ground almonds) That sugar substitute, erythritol.... you have to use your own judgement as to how sweet you like it. 2 tbsp Cointreau or what ever takes your fancy and more if it doesn't squidge. Mix and squidge into smaller then sprout size balls, squeeeeeeeeeeeeeze to make them nice and solid. Mix together cocoa powder and some ground cinnamon.. balance to suit yourself. Roll the balls in the stuff and put on a plate to dry a bit, settle and be nice. Eat. This is the original recipe
https://www.thespruceeats.com/traditional-german-christmas-candy-recipe-1446759
Mine are disappearing, might make a photo shoot tomorrow:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Thank you! I just bought a kilo of almond flour, I have erythritol, and I’ve got whiskey. I might dip them in melted 95% chocklit...

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@SueJB Not really a marzipan fan but clicked on the link and they look good! Glad you can use rose water instead of liqueur as I can’t have alcohol :)

@Mel dCP- dipping them chocolate sounds good too! Although I am out of almond flour (used the last part on my low carb shortbread- which I am currently waiting for to cool) and also out of dark chocolate . I have been indulging this week. Where did you pick up a kilo from? I can only ever find small bags in my local supermarket.