My first thread! Greetings from Canada!

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol. That is a very long time off. I do hope it is a typo. :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
No, not a typo! I was surprised too, but its a fact. Obviously they are not that bothered! Their advise was , well done, keep up what you're doing, and I'll see you May 2019!

Reactions: zauberflote

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No, not a typo! I was surprised too, but its a fact. Obviously they are not that bothered! Their advise was , well done, keep up what you're doing, and I'll see you May 2019!
Which is 90 years earlier than you mentioned :p

Roulis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Which is 90 years earlier than you mentioned :p
That would be good then! I'll be asking Scotty to beam me to the surgery then!!LOL! The correct date for my appointment May 2019! No 2109! LOL! I'll go back and correct my original post!! And if you think that I am currently at work analyzing sales data on a very complicated spreadsheet - I better watch it!! Cheers!

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Uh oh. A Canadiens fan. I'm in Toronto. ;)

I was diagnosed in July 2018. I was put on Janumet (Metformin plus Sitagliptin) and Jardiance. I've had such good results with low carb high fat (reduced my A1C from 11.8% to 6.1% in three months) that I've been taken off the Jardiance and Sitagliptin. So now just doing only Metformin 2,000 mg/day. My doctor said we may be able to reduce the amount after I get my six-month review blood results in January.

timgil

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome! New here myself, only diagnosed Friday 21st December 2018 (but that only confirmed my suspicions that had been growing over the 6 weeks previously). Very pleased myself to find this place, people are friendly and helpful.

Personally, my biggest advice to anyone would be: listen to what everyone says, get the facts, then make your own educated decision on your treatment. After all it is YOUR treatment. For that to work of course you need the facts, so I have been doing lots of reading, seen lots of conflicting advice and come to the conclusion that its results that count. If what you are doing is working - keep at it. If not, then look to change it based on facts and then see how it works for YOU.

To answer the question though - I am on Glimepiride 2mg a day (but only for 4 days so far). My finger prick readings have gone down from 27.9mmol/L (worst ever) to 8mmol/L (best ever).