Contour Next One v True You

Shem S

Have switched from True You to contour next one & my readings seem to be significantly higher than I was getting used to with the True You. Is this to be expected? I only switched cos the contour automatically syncs to an app.

As always, your help and wise counsel much appreciated.

Reactions: keefidee

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @Shem S , The contour next has been rated as having a +/- 5.6 % accuracy , the best in class and the TRUE RESULT (not sure if that is the one you had) is +/- 13%.
If that is the correct comparison to be making, then one could expect a more accurate reading using the Contour next meter.
see www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5505415/

Shem S

Hi @Shem S , The contour next has been rated as having a +/- 5.6 % accuracy , the best in class and the TRUE RESULT (not sure if that is the one you had) is +/- 13%.
If that is the correct comparison to be making, then one could expect a more accurate reading using the Contour next meter.
see www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5505415/

That’s really helpful. Thank you so much. Will stick with the Contour Next then. Even if the initial results came as a shock, accuracy more important.

I’ll know what difference LCHF is making when I get my HBa1c results next week.

Alison Campbell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've always thought it reads a tiny bit high over 5 but really accurate under 5. I've had mine for almost two years and I am very happy with it.

Reactions: keefidee and Shem S
D

Deleted member 308541

I have just started using a Next One meter, and my readings are up a bit on my Freedom Lite meter.

I think the final judge of this is a hba1c test staying the same as my previous results.

Reactions: keefidee and Shem S