Reflection on treatment and diabetics

legolgel

Hello everyone just wondering who here has though that most of diabetic people are being used to make money instead of being treated for improvement and quality of life?

I am sure most of us has got that feeling at any moment if not recently, being treated with the intention of making money without any concerns of quality of life or health complications of any sort...

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I can't say I have felt that way. I have felt frustrated with waiting times and medical receptionists but never felt like a 'cash cow'.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Three years in now and that's not my experience at all. However the NHS (UK) is having to strike a balance between optimal patient care and expenditure. When I recently asked for GAD and C-Peptide tests which are quite expensive, my GP readily agreed.
The only areas I can think of that try to make money from folk with diabetes are some of the food companies that marketed 'diabetic' foods - which they were not. I think this advertising has now been banned in the UK.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone just wondering who here has though that most of diabetic people are being used to make money instead of being treated for improvement and quality of life?

I am sure most of us has got that feeling at any moment if not recently, being treated with the intention of making money without any concerns of quality of life or health complications of any sort...
nope, not feeling that at all. I cant think of any ways my HCP's could be making money out me.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

are you in the uk? your profile doesnt indicate what type of diabetic you are, so its hard to tell what you mean.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I haven’t felt like a subject to make money out of. I’m in the UK, where are you @legolgel ?

Reactions: legolgel

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Don't see how they make money out of me.

No drugs, no fancy food. Just good ol meat and veg.

The only non value for money part is the fact that the NHS insist on the low fat high carb idea. An institution formed to help is trapped into doing the opposite, ironicly by public opinion.

Reactions: kitedoc

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Do I believe in Big Pharma ? Yes
Do I believe Big Pharma would sooner have you on medication than cured ? Yes
Do I believe Big Pharma see natural treatments as a threat to be shut down ? Yes (natural cannabis, other cancer cures etc)

Do I see the medical profession as part of Big Pharma's operations ? No, only by deception from Big Pharma. Most doctors are taught to treat disease and dis-ease medically. So much to learn, they need to learn that symptom A needs pill A, symptom B needs pill B etc. Not all doctors are like this but many are. I'm sure most believe they're doing the best for their patients e.g. offering statins for 'protection', but it takes a braver doctor/dietician/scientist to go against established treatment protocols.

The answer is to self-educate, and end up knowing more than your medical care provider. Then you don't have to be a 'customer' of Big Pharma so much.

Don't forget, folks. Big Pharma still get paid by the NHS. They don't get paid by ex-customers.
Geoff

Reactions: legolgel