Merry Christmas

BysonFury

Christmas is always a difficult time of year, not just for diabetics, but for everyone. Personally, I’ve struggled so far but I’ve not gone off track just yet. I recently posted about DKA, but I’m still managing. I’m hoping that everyone else is coping well over the festive period.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone! Lots of love x

bchabfan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Christmas is always a difficult time of year, not just for diabetics, but for everyone. Personally, I’ve struggled so far but I’ve not gone off track just yet. I recently posted about DKA, but I’m still managing. I’m hoping that everyone else is coping well over the festive period.

Merry Christmas too you from Canada!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Well done with your steps and approach. Wishing you a peaceful remainder of 2018 and a settled and healthy 2019.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Merry Christmas @BysonFury! If you can get through this you can get through anything! Here’s to a brilliant 2019!

Reactions: Bluey1 and Jollymon

Bluey1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who try and make Diabetes the centre of the party and poor me, I'm special because I have diabetes now everyone run around after me.
Merry Christmas, however I shouldn’t be posting here today as I’m not a diabetic today. My CGM ran out last night and it’s not being replaced until the 27th. I will eat as many roast potatoes as the next guy. Christmas pudding come to daddy! I will belt through a lot of insulin, only test when I feel a bit sickly (no chance of a hypo). For all you diabetic noobs out there who had diabetes for a year or less please don’t follow my example or you could get yourself into serious trouble, for the rest of you have fun

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @BysonFury, As diabetics there are no holidays. But enjoying things as best we can is the aim. It is tempting to really pig out on everything but you pay for it later.
Too much food is often offered as though this is what the Xmas spirit is about. (and don't get me started on alcohol and diabetes)!!
Being able to stay moderate in one's food intake and same with alcohol actually means you can have a better time of it without the later bad effects. And Xmas has become a commercial enterprise - selling food and presents is the aim.
And it is interesting that one of the best ways to not worry so much about food is to serve it. For example at a soup kitchen and the like.
Just my take after 52 years on insulin.
And this M&M is staying out of reach!!
P9090258.jpg

Reactions: Bluey1

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Merry Christmas! Making a change begins with you! I hope you decide to make a good change!

annliggins

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Merry Xmas to everyone !!!!!
Christmas carbs ok ( managed not to pig out )! Wine ? Well that was a differant matter diabetics just wanna have fun !!!