Christmas dinner

Koalajane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Feeling good this morning. My diabetes is in remission (no Meds) and I had a normal Christmas dinner yesterday including roast potatoes, parsnips, stuffing, bread sauce plus a roulade for desert. I also had Bucks Fizz. I ate more than I am used to eating. My bs this morning was 6.2 which is why I am feeling good as I thought it would be much higher.

Koalajane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It took about 6 months. I was started on gliclazide due I think to me being on steroids long term which spike your bs. At my 6 monthly review my hba1c was 39 so I was taken off gliclazide for a trial 2 months and my next hba1c was 41 and then the next 6 monthly one was 40. I normally stick to a LCHF diet and hope to get into the 30s for my next hba1c. I have reduced my steroids now so hopefully that will help as long as I don't have to put them up again.

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's very good Koalajane: tasty food and good blood results: I tried to go low carb, so I had a big bowl of rocket and romaine with blue cheese dressing, parmesan, and cold cut turkey meat, two lamb chops and some red wine on the side. I'd love to hear what everyone else had- get some ideas for next year

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
...I'd love to hear what everyone else had- get some ideas for next year
I had a fairly normal Xmas dinner, just watched the portions. I had plenty of turkey, 2 x pigs in blankets, a tiny piece of stuffing, one small roast potato, veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and a token Brussels sprout :hungover:) a drizzle of gravy and 1/2 teaspoon of cranberry sauce followed by a Tesco finest mini mince pie with extra thick double cream.
(I am 19 months from diagnosis and have HbA1cs in the mid 30s for a year.)

Reactions: lovinglife

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a fairly normal Xmas dinner, just watched the portions. I had plenty of turkey, 2 x pigs in blankets, a tiny piece of stuffing, one small roast potato, veggies (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and a token Brussels sprout :hungover:) a drizzle of gravy and 1/2 teaspoon of cranberry sauce followed by a Tesco finest mini mince pie with extra thick double cream.
Similar. But. I messed up (?) By sharing a bottle of port with my persuasive brother. Fat head and tender feet, pretty much ok in the middle.
It took about 6 months. I was started on gliclazide due I think to me being on steroids long term which spike your bs. At my 6 monthly review my hba1c was 39 so I was taken off gliclazide for a trial 2 months and my next hba1c was 41 and then the next 6 monthly one was 40. I normally stick to a LCHF diet and hope to get into the 30s for my next hba1c. I have reduced my steroids now so hopefully that will help as long as I don't have to put them up again.

Reactions: Brunneria

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Similar here too. Ate the potato without realising whilst chatting so that was wasted! Made chia jam cranberry sauce. One small spoon of Christmas pud that’s. Didn’t taste anywhere near as nice as I remembered. A slice of keto carrot cake in lieu of Xmas cake. Lots of very dry prosecco so I was more than happy.

Reactions: Geordie_P

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
I had a fairly normal dinner yesterday just no spuds or Yorkshires. 1 big sausage meat stuffing ball . Peas green beans carrots and loads of meat ham n turkey and pork . Followed by lots of champers and brandy woke up late today 11:45 and bloods were 4.9 . Prob alcohol induced went up slowly after brekkie to 5.8 by 17:30 today then 6.1 after another nice dinner similar to yesterday’s . Back on the wagon tomorrow .

Reactions: Geordie_P

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Our Chrissy dinners are usually cold since it is the middle of summer over here and 36 deg. Loads of ham, salad, prawns, cold turkey and cold chook. Indulged in the Xmas pudding with rum butter sauce and a few choccies. Beer and wine too. Next morning was 6.5, a bit higher than normal but I had a lot to eat. Tough time of the year.