Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Hi, my name is Sue & I am a new memeber here.

I was diagnosed with diabetes T2 in 2001. I am 36 years old & both sides of parents family have a genetic desposition for early onset of T2. My older brother was recently diagnosed.
I am having a hard time since 3 months, in bringing my fasting/post meal glucose levels down to normal. I woke up with a 219 mg/dL as of now.
I am currently taking insulin: long and short acting, along with 500mg metformin (endo reduced it from 2000 a day because of nausea & acid reflux)
I would really appreciate any insight. I am forcing myself to eat lower carbs & less portions of food.
I have quit whatever sweet I would eat often which wasn’t a lot but I know what it can do to sugar levels.
Kindly just help me out. I want to know how long would it take for my levels to go down. I am insulin resistant at the moment. Don’t know whether it’s because of being a female (certain cycle days tend to raise my sugar way high) or just in need of a proper meal plan
Hi @SueAM, often answers are right infront of us. You may need to eat at Ketogenic levels, perhaps under 50, 30 or even 20 grams of carbs per day total. It is possible to have substantial filling and tasty foods at even the lowest levels.

@Freema has suggested some food which are low in carbs. I would add raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries with full fat plain Greek Yogurt. Major proteins such as beef, lamb, ribs, chicken, pork - basically any meat or fish. Vegetables could be courgettes, broccoli, cauliflower, radish, mushrooms etc. If you mixed and matched these, that would probably be around the 9 meals that on average most people who are non diabetic rotate as a start.

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, that was a useless Christmas present. Alexa, what is my fbg I said in a really friendly voice ......

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, that was a useless Christmas present. Alexa, what is my fbg I said in a really friendly voice ......
Thats where you went wrong, you have to be quite firm with her! I'm usually shouting at her by the time she actually does what I ask her to!!!