Type 1'stars R Us

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Welcome aboard @XCheesyToastyX !

This bit of the forum is mainly just us chewing the fat over the day to day trivia of T1, it's hugely entertaining, goes in totally random directions most of the time (we lurve off-topic stuff!), but whenever one of us is having an issue, you'll get some deep analysis from a whole bunch of kind folks who've been doing this for decades.

Lots of support when you need it, a bit of wind-up and mickey taking when you don't!

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello everyone! New to the forum but keen on this thread as everyone is Type 1!
Struggling to control BS at the moment with Christmas as I’m sure we all are! Sticky Toffee Pudding was on the menu last night, suffered the whole night! D:

Hello and a big welcome to Looney tunes @XCheesyToastyX :hilarious: :) My BS has had a mind of it's own over Christmas, it can't quite make it's mind up, roll on the New Year:)

Last edited:
Reactions: hh1

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Scott-C .
Sounds like Hogmanay has started a tad early.;););).
Your dedication and commitment to the good of the forum clearly goes above and beyond.
Obviously the state of the pinky whilst undertaking certain activities is paramount to the perceptions people have about us guys and gals on the forum.
My confusion starts here though. You are a very well respected member of this forum ( debatable in some quarters :):)) who lives and breaths everything that is good about Caledonia. As such I feel that any research and funding into digit angularity by your good self should not focus on the innocent little pinky. Without doubt I feel that research into index and middle finger positioning whilst dealing with certain issues and discussions concerning our blessed condition would of greater importance.
Of course if you feel that funding enabling you to get pi*hed is a better idea then count me in.

Reactions: porl69

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all, my first post in here I think anyway.

I've just got back from watching Sunderland v Shrewsbury and the normal bs spike has hit me again. Normal ish blood sugars before the game and an hour after the final whistle im 16mmol. This happens all the time, I do get to worked up at the match.

Does this happen to many others on here?

Being a Sunderland fan seems to be bad for your health.

Reactions: Alison54321

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Jc3131 .
Have you considered supporting Newcastle :):):).

Seriously though. If I go and watch my local rugby team my sugars will usually rise.
Adrenaline, frustration and excitement.

Reactions: Alison54321

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@Scott-C .
Sounds like Hogmanay has started a tad early.;););).
Your dedication and commitment to the good of the forum clearly goes above and beyond.
Obviously the state of the pinky whilst undertaking certain activities is paramount to the perceptions people have about us guys and gals on the forum.
My confusion starts here though. You are a very well respected member of this forum ( debatable in some quarters :):)) who lives and breaths everything that is good about Caledonia. As such I feel that any research and funding into digit angularity by your good self should not focus on the innocent little pinky. Without doubt I feel that research into index and middle finger positioning whilst dealing with certain issues and discussions concerning our blessed condition would of greater importance.
Of course if you feel that funding enabling you to get pi*hed is a better idea then count me in.

We can share the funding round us all - I'll do the pinkies, you do the thumbs, we'll set up a poll on who does the ones inbetween, we all meet up in Las Vegas next December to see how it worked out. Or Skegness...

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the form X cheesytoasty. Its all good fun on here we dont take ourselves seriously

Any advice you ever need these guys will help out

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Journey home today has my levels at 15, mostly due to an overheating gearbox and the need to get the AA to bring us home. Husband claims I killed his car, luckily AA man says I did nothing to contribute to the overheated automatic gears.

XCheesyToastyX

Thanks for all the welcomes!
I’m surprised to hear how much people are saying stress affects their blood sugars! I know in times of severe stress it can affect it but hadn’t thought of minor stress or excitement affecting it!
I know sometimes I panic so much if I have a high blood sugar and just can’t get it down, maybe it’s the stress!!
Been diabetic since I was 8 months old and you learn new things everyday!

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I would “donate” my middle finger. However, extending such finger may upset one or two people as I top up my pint glass.

Sorry, HSM, you've lost out there. The middle finger has already been claimed by a T1 shepherdess in New Zealand called Tanita.

She's sent me a sweet email confirming she's sent £20,000 to my Swiss bank account, and is going to leave her mother in charge of the sheep for a while because she really wants to visit Las Vegas.

I'll send her the Hunter S Thompson books about how to enjoy LA...

Reactions: porl69 and kitedoc

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Welcome @CheesyToast.
I love your moniker. Just had a ‘healthy’ supper of salmon, brown rice and fresh picked perpetual spinach BUT, cheese on toast. Ooooooo!
Should it be plain, with marmite or with branstons?
Even better, any Supercooks out there know how to make Welsh Rarebit? It used to be the lunch treat back in the day in a fuggy old cafe where the waitresses (and they were all waitresses, lib and Spare Rib hadn’t crept that way yet) all wore black with little white aprons. China teacups but few pinkies.
I tried making Welsh Rarebit once but it just didn’t match up.
And why Welsh, why Rarebit?

Reactions: kitedoc and hh1

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Sorry, HSM, you've lost out there. The middle finger has already been claimed by a T1 shepherdess in New Zealand called Tanita.

She's sent me a sweet email confirming she's sent £20,000 to my Swiss bank account, and is going to leave her mother in charge of the sheep for a while because she really wants to visit Las Vegas.

I'll send her the Hunter S Thompson books about how to enjoy LA...

Are you sure she’s not a bearded bloke from Wanaka?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Fairygodmother
Flour, butter, beer, mustard, cheese., milk. top with Lea and Perrins. Pop on toast and heat until golden. Will dig out quantities tomorrow if you like?

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @XCheesyToastyX and @Jc3131, agree with everything that's been said about this thread, it's the best and most helpful I've ever seen. And yes, I find stress has an effect; to varying degrees, but for instance a ropey drive can push my bg up, no problem.

@Scott-C, meet up in Las Vegas/Skegness - hard one to call....

@Diakat, isn't it great to be absolved of all blame by an expert!

Reactions: Fairygodmother