Regular moderate exercise log

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve been awful and slothlike for the past 3 days and bgs are starting to reflect this.
I did however get a set of handweights (0.5, 1 and 1.5kg) for Christmas and have done a mini ( 20min session) this evening plus a 20min exercise bike ride this morning. Things are starting to get back to normal. No more excuses.

Reactions: Japes and ianpspurs

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Have been awol for various reasons - see my last post was a couple of weeks ago. Exercise regime has suffered a bit in that time - no gym visits and only 2 Pilates sessions. Walking has continued but Christmas week saw two days below 2k steps.

A 7.3 mile brisk walk on Boxing Day and another of 6.5 miles yesterday has started to remedy that.

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, 11.6k steps today at my own pace. Really can't make my mind up about this - steps look OK but kinda feel lack of intensity makes impact very limited. Hope y'all feel better about your efforts.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I didnt walk go out for a walk today so step count low, but I did a lot of cleaning which was quite energetic. Also 15 mins on the exercise bike this morning and 15 mins with my new weights this evening. That’ll have to do.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to the gym this morning. Able to pick up where I left off, much to my surprise. Stretches and physio prescribed exercises followed by step ups with 3kg ball, push ups, crunches and then leg weights - leg press, hip adductor and abductor, calf raise, leg extensions (3 x sets 10 each) and arms - diverging lat pull down, seated row, seated dip (3 x 10 each) and abdominal crunch machine.

Supplemented by 16.3k steps of which 13.7k were aerobic.

Editing to add pic of fitness tracker picked up in Lidl for £19.99 today.

Attachments

• 3918B9EE-1423-4A58-AC37-B9AB65D8BE73.jpeg
    3918B9EE-1423-4A58-AC37-B9AB65D8BE73.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
14k steps made up of earlyish morning gardening and giving chickens clean New Year bedding, final wandering around shops and dog walking. Happy New Year.

Reactions: paulmh

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Finished the year at 6650 miles, or 10700 km on my bikes. Only took 7 days off. This is day 1 for 2019: so let’s see what can be done this year.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Started the new year off with a ride- but it was a little cold! Cranked N into the wind and then turned around and ran fast with it to the S. Froze myself numb. Stopped at Bigby for hot tea before I could ride home. Had to wait to get feeling in my fingers before I could do anything.

I’d do it again- I love being out on my bike! 44km to ride in the New Year.

One of my favorite tricks for riding fast out in the cold is to zip a plastic shopping bag under my jersey layer to hold in the heat from my core. If you get hot, it comes out easy and stores. If you’re out and get cold, any store will give you one. Newspaper works too.

My only mistake today was wearing summer shoes under shoe covers. I should’ve worn winter shoes under shoe covers.

One of my fav riding partners broke a shoulder while skiing. He has to get screwed back together this next week. We talked about rehab for injuries, and how it’s a great benefit. But it might keep him off his bike for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Complete rest day yesterday - 4K steps on two short walks. Stepped back up today with 18k steps. Still aching from Sunday’s return to the gym.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Will come in around 13.5k steps today. Good Nodric Walk with the dogs - ankle seems better than it has been for a week so I built some intervals in. Being a walk I use most days steps and time easy to compare. Will try again with hr monitor on chest. Could easily still do exercise bike or weights but one big intention this year is to make exercise quality not quantity. Want to do some core exercises before bed - maybe start with planks and janda sit ups.

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feel good today, after weeks of gout, a knee the size of a baby's bum I got a walk in, shame the rest of the county chose the same spot!! 2 miles of that, and then ½hour on the treadmill when I got home. Knee in ice now - just a precaution

Reactions: paulmh and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Feel good today, after weeks of gout, a knee the size of a baby's bum I got a walk in, shame the rest of the county chose the same spot!! 2 miles of that, and then ½hour on the treadmill when I got home. Knee in ice now - just a precaution
Hug for the gout - especially in the knee.

paulmh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a lovely festive season, managed to train a reasonable number of days but I'm missing my circuit training and bootcamp sessions - its so much easier when someone else tells me what to do! They start again tomorrow so it'll be a gym cycle and kettlebell session on my lonesome again today.. :)

Reactions: Goonergal

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Doing things slightly differently this year. I've decided on a minimum average target of 12, 000 steps (about 5 miles) per day for the Continuous Walking Brisk Pace one and decided to leave the total steps one to its own devices rather than set a mileage total for the year.

Reactions: ianpspurs