Healthy food magazine January 2019

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Shame about them diluting the article with introduction by a nutritional scientist who is clearly a carb advocate but rest of the piece about my journey is mainly correct. Other errors are small ones eg I use erythritol not stevia and I’ve continued with what they call treats throughout this way of eating just small amounts budgeted in my low carb way of eating. At least it promotes the low carb programme so people can be inspired to find out more about this way of eating

Tagging @Goonergal @jayney27 @Rachox @Debandez @bulkbiker @DJC3 @ziggy_w plus thank you to everyone on this forum foryour regular support and inspiration through my journey
A47F5FEA-61E4-4B05-B00F-50BF5A1A6594.jpeg
89BA960A-E575-40BE-B2A6-926AC4FA22D4.jpeg
54B83DEC-BE41-4B82-9679-D616D42BD381.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: teresa m

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
OMG! Credit to you especially and the magazine for allowing a full run down of what you did, this template should inspire many.

Reactions: shelley262

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Shame about them diluting the article with introduction by a nutritional scientist who is clearly a carb advocate but rest of the piece about my journey is mainly correct. Other errors are small ones eg I use erythritol not stevia and I’ve continued with what they call treats throughout this way of eating just small amounts budgeted in my low carb way of eating. At least it promotes the low carb programme so people can be inspired to find out more about this way of eating
Tagging @Goonergal @jayney27 @Rachox @Debandez @bulkbiker @DJC3 @ziggy_w plus thank you to everyone on this forum foryour regular support and inspiration through my journey
View attachment 30314 View attachment 30315 View attachment 30316
Great article Michele!!! You got all the important bits in. What didn't work (current guidelines) and what does. Pics so inspirational too. You look a..maz...ing. Anyone seeing those will be drawn to read how you did it! I love reading the success stories, there are so many. We need to publish a book I'm thinking. For Drs surgeries, diabetic clinics, just WH SMITHS, WATERSTONES!! Powerful indeed! Well done.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great article Michele!!! You got all the important bits in. What didn't work (current guidelines) and what does. Pics so inspirational too. You look a..maz...ing. Anyone seeing those will be drawn to read how you did it! I love reading the success stories, there are so many. We need to publish a book I'm thinking. For Drs surgeries, diabetic clinics, just WH SMITHS, WATERSTONES!! Powerful indeed! Well done.
Agree Debs would be great to get all the stories out there together .......an idea to discuss! Happy new year to you and your family and everyone on this forum without which I would still be a diabetic with weight issues thank you to all x

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW, fantastic start to the New Year to see you in print, very well deserved and such an inspiration to everyone. Very well done my lovely xxx

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 bit late to this thread but what an ambassador you are for kicking diabetes into touch and a glamorous one too. Hope everyone reads the article.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WOW, fantastic start to the New Year to see you in print, very well deserved and such an inspiration to everyone. Very well done my lovely xxx
Thank you Jayney support on the forum from all you lovely people was key for me.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bit late here too, but fantastic, @shelley262! :) Really wonderful to read in print of your success and how you got there - frame the article and hang it for all to see. You've given me some very helpful tips over the months I've been here, especially saving my sanity and suggesting how to get a flat white with cream, so thank you! :happy: