G6 keeps losing signal

Babydee00001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We are trailing the G6 atm . The first sensor worked perfectly for 4 days , kept losing signal on the 5th then stopped altogether on the 6th.
Replaced it with new sensor this morn different site obvs ... and yet again it’s dropping signal every 2 mins .
So frustrating as they really are silly money and at first my boy was so so so happy with it now it’s playing up
I’m on hold to dexcom now ( for almost hour )
Just wondering if anyone has had the same issues ?!
Tia x

crumpy

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
We are trailing the G6 atm . The first sensor worked perfectly for 4 days , kept losing signal on the 5th then stopped altogether on the 6th.
Replaced it with new sensor this morn different site obvs ... and yet again it’s dropping signal every 2 mins .
So frustrating as they really are silly money and at first my boy was so so so happy with it now it’s playing up
I’m on hold to dexcom now ( for almost hour )
Just wondering if anyone has had the same issues ?!
Tia x
No issues here. Maybe loses signal once a week when the phone is too far away from the transmitter. I'd call dexcom to discuss and make sure you're getting free replacement sensors. As you said they are not cheap and should last a minimum of ten days.

Babydee00001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
No issues here. Maybe loses signal once a week when the phone is too far away from the transmitter. I'd call dexcom to discuss and make sure you're getting free replacement sensors. As you said they are not cheap and should last a minimum of ten days.

It was the same all day yesterday aswell .
He has the phone in a little flat bumbag wallet thing across his chest all day
They are sending a replacement sensor as they said the other one wouldn’t have been the problem that I took off but yet they can explain why this keeps happening
It was down for over 3 hours yesterday wouldn’t come back on at all just kept saying signal loss and even on the Bluetooth not connected , pls make sure device is switched on and within radius .
So annoying it really is
The man on the phone even started trying to say Christmas lights can effect it
I was like yeah my tree is long gone and I doubt it ...
will call them again today .
Thanks for reply

Cobia

Type of diabetes
LADA
They are sending a replacement sensor as they said the other one wouldn’t have been the problem that I took off but yet they can explain why this keeps happening
It was down for over 3 hours yesterday wouldn’t come back on at all just kept saying signal loss and even on the Bluetooth not connected , pls make sure device is switched on and within radius .
So annoying it really is
The man on the phone even started trying to say Christmas lights can effect it
I was like yeah my tree is long gone and I doubt it ...
will call them again today .
Thanks for reply

Sounds like transmitter more than sensor to me....

Reactions: Babydee00001

Babydee00001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like transmitter more than sensor to me....

Have new transmitter on the way and two new sensors . Really pleased with their customer service must say ... just having to wait now !
Would have liked him to have before returning to school bless him

crumpy

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes agree their customer service is very good. If you're still having the same issues with a new transmitter I can only think it must be a phone issue so might be worth changing out the phone for another family members at that stage if possible for a trial.

Reactions: Babydee00001

Babydee00001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes agree their customer service is very good. If you're still having the same issues with a new transmitter I can only think it must be a phone issue so might be worth changing out the phone for another family members at that stage if possible for a trial.

I said that to my boy this morning actually! I said shall we try my phone with it as it’s receiver but the phone he’s got is pretty new although I had to have the screen replaced.
He only had this app on it too so god knows if that is the case .
I could just try my phone couldn’t I while we wait .
Thank u for reply.

Adi YNWA

This post is quite old. Does anyone currently have issues with signal loss? I constantly have problems. Everything will be fine, then no signal, even though my phone has not moved. Then it will connect again. This can be hours or minutes, no pattern that I can see.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This post is quite old. Does anyone currently have issues with signal loss? I constantly have problems. Everything will be fine, then no signal, even though my phone has not moved. Then it will connect again. This can be hours or minutes, no pattern that I can see.

Hi @Adi YNWA and welcome

You’d likely get a better response by starting a new thread - as you say, this one is quite old. Unfortunately I can’t help with your question.

crumpy

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Insulin

No problems for us. iPhone and the G6 transmitter is the firefly one I think.

Khali2018

I’m having issues with the g6 my daughter is only 2 and just been diagnosed type 1 . Non stop on edge when it comes to bed time as phone keeps loosing signal this is her second In 4 days and we haven’t had one day of it working right at all . It’s on iPhone 6 wasn’t sure if maybe the phone but now reading few people having issues so frustrating!!! What to do could cry

Babydee00001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m having issues with the g6 my daughter is only 2 and just been diagnosed type 1 . Non stop on edge when it comes to bed time as phone keeps loosing signal this is her second In 4 days and we haven’t had one day of it working right at all . It’s on iPhone 6 wasn’t sure if maybe the phone but now reading few people having issues so frustrating!!! What to do could cry
Hello , I haven’t been on here in such a long time ! This just came up in my emails ...
Firstly I am so sorry you have had to join the T1D family , it really does make my heart go out to u reading this ... And your baby girl being only 2 xxx
I hope u are managing ok ... I can imagine it’s been a massive shock as it is too all of us upon diagnosis.
I want to let u know that as horrendous as it is at first it’s completely do-able + liveable and it will soon become your ‘normal’
My son is as happy as happy can be every day , it does not hold him back a bit now .
I cried every day for a year when he was diagnosed LOL . But now ... Now it’s just what we do
Anyway ... yes the G6 ......
We just could not get it to work in the end.. I completely feel u with all those sleepless nights it was beyond hell ..
We go to bed anxious enough without that bloody alarm keep sounding .. and with with little one only 2 as well my god must be awful.
They say laying on sensor can make it happen but my boy didn’t lay on his at all .. the Dexcom helpline even blamed it on my Christmas lights at one point ( no joke )
I’m sad to say we gave up on it in the end . It was getting beyond a joke ( for my boy ) I know so many have a wonderful time with it .
He’s been pricking ever since + is so much happier .
The readings are clear + we can really trust them .
Though I appreciate at 2 like U really want to be pricking all the time ....
My son is also on Omni pump which really is the best thing since sliced bread .

I hope u can find some sort of resolve with it ASAP !!!
Sending u love and hugs

Babydee00001

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh and yes we bought him another phone a Samsung as thought maybe Iphone , it didn’t solve it xx