NovoPen Echo

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have any NovoPen Echo users ever got two lines - - on the dose memory display after giving the injection instead of the dose number . The manual says it means the pen has been used in a way it cannot register and dose memory will start working again after next injection. I’m just worried I didn’t get my full levemir dose now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    877.4 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:

pinewood

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, happens to me occasionally and I too always worry if I received the right amount or not. I think it’s one of those things unfortunately ...

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes, happens to me occasionally and I too always worry if I received the right amount or not. I think it’s one of those things unfortunately ...
Yeh. We have enough to stress about without the pens having faults. Even if it is just a display glitch.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Sharrryn ,

How long have you used the pen?
Battery could be out, or briefly disconnected by a little shock or dirty contact? Hazarding a guess...
"Used in a way it cannot register." Covers a multitude of probabilities... ;)

Reactions: Dodo

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Sharrryn ,

How long have you used the pen?
Battery could be out, or briefly disconnected little shock or dirty contact? Hazarding a guess...
"Used in a way it cannot register." Covers a multitude of probabilities... ;)
Yeh. Could be anything really. ;) It’s only a new pen. A month old - I got from my educator. I did an air shot dose after I got the - - and it registered the dose ok. I might ring the novo Nordisk hotline here in Australia when they open this morning and see what they say.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeh. Could be anything really. ;) It’s only a new pen. A month old - I got from my educator. I did an air shot dose after I got the - - and it registered the dose ok. I might ring the novo Nordisk hotline here in Australia when they open this morning and see what they say.
After an airshot..
Try doing a test shot of 20u into the needle cap upto the line highlighted below in the pic..

This will give an idea what the pen mechanism is doing...

Hope this helps..?

image.jpeg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. I did that and it passed :)

What else can i say... It seems to be one of those "things" & you got it sussed...
The LCD readout works independently (it's. Not supposed to.) from the mechanism & sometimes... It gets misaligned.
Power distribution at the time of dial up.

All any of us can do is keep a close eye on the meter....

Reactions: Dodo

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What else can i say... It seems to be one of those "things" & you got it sussed...
The LCD readout works independently (it's. Not supposed to.) from the mechanism & sometimes... It gets misaligned.
Power distribution at the time of dial up.

All any of us can do is keep a close eye on the meter....
Thanks. :) I rang the hotline in Australia and the rep said not to stress as I would have received the dose I dialed up - it just didn’t register in the memory. She said if I had used uneven pressure on the pen as I pushed down to deliver the dose it can cause this. If it keeps hapenning they’ll replace.

Reactions: Dodo and Jaylee

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks. :) I rang the hotline in Australia and the rep said not to stress as I would have received the dose I dialed up - it just didn’t register in the memory. She said if I had used uneven pressure on the pen as I pushed down to deliver the dose it can cause this. If it keeps hapenning they’ll replace.

Do you have a spare pen? Rule of thumb." Always have a "plan B."

Somehow I got you down as a resourceful "plan B'er." :)

Reactions: Dodo and Sharrryn

Sharrryn

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do you have a spare pen? Rule of thumb." Always have a "plan B."

Somehow I got you down as a resourceful "plan B'er." :)
Haha.... yes I’ve had a spare pen in storage which I’ll use if it happens again. Plus spare syringes. I’ve got spares of everything ;);)

Reactions: Dodo and Jaylee

cz_dave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have any NovoPen Echo users ever got two lines - - on the dose memory display after giving the injection instead of the dose number . The manual says it means the pen has been used in a way it cannot register and dose memory will start working again after next injection. I’m just worried I didn’t get my full levemir dose now.
In my experience that's just a display glitch. Nothing to worry about.