Type 1'stars R Us

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Woke at 4.30 today, weird and so was BG 1.7 but tested again because I didn't feel odd................ 4.9
Back to bed for more snuzz in the new bed, lovely. Finally decided to greet the day 5.6.
A pint or 2 of Jaipur later for Mr B and then a Thai lunch later. Really glad I'm freelance. My work starts tomorrow.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all, BG’s behaving well at the moment but I don’t trust it - ever - so I’m keeping an eye on it: the toddler misbehaves if you turn your back.
I’m still feeling ridiculously cheerful that there’s a fix in store for my bellybumdrawers knee, and very cheerful too that the x-ray showed I wasn’t making a big fuss about nothing but am, instead, a stoic.
@helensaramay, fingers crossed a change of vial does the trick!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
Woke to a 6.1 and am now on 11. Same last night for tea....maybe the cough I have had the the last few days, so will wait it out for a bit.

@Cumberland so sorry to hear the sad news about Banger.....sending ((HUGS))

@Knikki was just wondering the same thing! Sure he will pop up in the next day or so

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all!

I’ve seen Kev popping up on Facebook, so he’s around, just not here. Also, anyone wanna do my tax return?

BG smooth and in the fours overnight, mainly because I had solid sleep. I’ve been amazed at how poor sleep impacts insulin sensitivity, I never noticed it before running normal levels.

Teenager just got home from a week at his dad’s, so we’re having fun comparing our new smartwatches.

I am attempting a yoga tonight. Wonder how that’ll go?

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Sorry to hear this @Cumberland . I'm certain what life the dog had, made Banger feel "part of the pack."

Whenever and wherever I walked around the house he stuck to me like glue - we even bought a little bell to go on his collar so we could hear him as he was so tiny I feared I might accidentally tread on him

He loved his cuddles he just wanted to be near us all the time

Thanks for your kind words
IMG_1546514957.187983.jpg

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Take your time, @CranberryIce, if there’s a lot then it may need it. We look forward to your return when you’re ready, but take good care of yourself in the meantime.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Whenever and wherever I walked around the house he stuck to me like glue - we even bought a little bell to go on his collar so we could hear him as he was so tiny I feared I might accidentally tread on him

He loved his cuddles he just wanted to be near us all the time

Thanks for your kind words
View attachment 30374

Oh @Cumberland you looked after him so beautifully, and were so kind to him, the poor little thing.

Hopefully, when you feel better about it, you'll have a think about what you want to do next. Another dog would love to be loved like that.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, engineer has been out and located fault outside and has got my landline working again, but the main issue is still outside which will be fixed in due course. It's quite cold here in Hampshire and Pebbles cat is snuggled up the back of the sofa behind me, bless her little heart :):cat:
Hope your day is going well :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Devastation, no Jaipur for Mr B, I was OK with wine and soda. Scrummy food, phed prik paow but it had a huge impact on BG. I should have guessed by the name really................ sweet chilli duck. It wasn't sticky and it only tasted a little sweet. I blame it on the rice. BG slowly going down so let's see what tomorrow brings

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I had an afternoon in town with my lovely blue stick, it’s got flowers all over it. I originally saw it as a temporary measure but now see it as a lovely friend that ensures I get a seat on the bus, get tea brought to the table in a cafe, smiles everywhere (I do smile too), and it’s a great limiter of shopping so it might even save some money for me.