Type 1 Freestyle Optium Neo will not test

Tugba

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well.

I have a Freestyle optium neo meter and when I put the strip in it it does not respond or show the drop icon to test. When I press the butterfly button it does open and show my previous readings but I cannot test.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have you tried a new box of test strips just to check that it's not them causing the issue.
Otherwise, you may want to talk to the manufacturer as the meter does not sound healthy at all, its no use if you can't use it to test, if they reckon its broken then hopefully they'll replace it for you.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

Hope all is well.

I have a Freestyle optium neo meter and when I put the strip in it it does not respond or show the drop icon to test. When I press the butterfly button it does open and show my previous readings but I cannot test.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Tugba, check the battery. Mine was doing daft intermittent things and the battery was clearly low. Got a new one and it works fine again.

Tugba

Have you tried a new box of test strips just to check that it's not them causing the issue.
Otherwise, you may want to talk to the manufacturer as the meter does not sound healthy at all, its no use if you can't use it to test, if they reckon its broken then hopefully they'll replace it for you.

I did try a couple of other strips and it was the same issue. After a while I tried again but when I put the strip in it would show the drip on the screen then go blank. Thank you for the recommendation!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Tugba . As KK123 says , change the batteries. The Neo gets through batteries at quite a rate and is the first place to start.

Reactions: KK123

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I used the Optium Neo until I switched to Freestyle Libre. It was not the most robust meter I've ever had, and a few of them just stopped co-operating, and nothing would coax them back into being a working meter.

Try a battery change, and if it doesn't work, ring Abbotts and ask for a replacement. They replaced it a couple of times, for me.

Tugba

I used the Optium Neo until I switched to Freestyle Libre. It was not the most robust meter I've ever had, and a few of them just stopped co-operating, and nothing would coax them back into being a working meter.

Try a battery change, and if it doesn't work, ring Abbotts and ask for a replacement. They replaced it a couple of times, for me.

I have the freestyle libre but the sensors are too expensive so I cannot use it. The meter is back to normal now!

Thank you!