Sugar level

carbo

I am on tablets and using a low carbo diet I have maintained a good reading for the last two years. The last HBA1C was 6.2.
Sudenly, in the last two weeks, no matter what I do I can'r get a reading below 10.I am not ill, that I am aware, I have reduced my carbo diet even further and taken more exercise but still the reading stays high. Any suggestions?

jopar

Hi carbo

If you are sure that you are festing an infection, or not suffering an increase of stress (this can also elvate BG's) and a further reduction of carbs, an increase in exercise isn't resolving anything then it it's likely that your medication needs to be reviewed increased and/or changed to reduce your levels...

Sorry welcome to the forum

raydavies

Have you tried testing someone else to make sure it's not your meter going on the fritz?

I had the same thing happen and then found my wife had the same readings!

Ray

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Has anything changed in the past two weeks ? Have you started any new medications, non diabetic related ?

The heat can also affect Bg levels as well as stress. One other thing springs to mind, you say you have reduced your carbs and increased exercise. This will make you very prone to 'liver dumping' which will increase your Bg levels.

When you say your Bg levels are above 10 when is this ? Before meals, after meals or when exactly ?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I've had Type 2 for 8 years or so, but earlier on this year whilst travelling to the USA my measured BS shot up for several weeks. It's now back to a similar level as it was before. I found no reason for the sudden change apart from possibly the time shift, so I guess there are times when there are unexplained changes in BS levels which can last for perhaps weeks. I have never found any explanation on the web for these significant changes apart from illness. If it stays high for you then a visit to the GP is obviously needed.