Sugar free maple syrup

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi people.
I am in the UK and T2D. Today, my wife was in a health food store and came across a product made by Good Good advertised as sugar free maple syrup. Has anyone tried it? Is it suitable for diabetics (it does say it is on the jar)? And does it taste any good?

Ta muchly

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Basically, it is an artificial sweetener with a maple syrup flavouring. If you do not mind sweeteners then you could try it and test your bg levels. As with some other sweeteners this could have a laxitive effect as it is a fructooligosacharide.

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nor me to be honest. Sweet things have largely been off the menu for some time, but I do enjoy a muesli breakfast and I've managed to find a right blend of fruit and nut that keeps my BG within range but it does use Stevia. If this syrup is an option it may be worth a try.

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Basically, it is an artificial sweetener with a maple syrup flavouring. If you do not mind sweeteners then you could try it and test your bg levels. As with some other sweeteners this could have a laxitive effect as it is a fructooligosacharide.
Cheers. ATM I only use Stevia and then only for my espresso or in my breakfast. Can't say I'm super keen on artificial sweeteners as I suspect some taste a bit like sugary sheep poop and have the same nutritional benefit

Reactions: Bridget66

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Cheers. ATM I only use Stevia and then only for my espresso or in my breakfast. Can't say I'm super keen on artificial sweeteners as I suspect some taste a bit like sugary sheep poop and have the same nutritional benefit

This one says it's all natural but I'm not convinced, said to be 30% to 50% sweeter than sugar. Fyi it has a GRAS tag from the FDA ('Generally Regarded As Safe') but is either severely restricted or banned from baby formula. You pays your money and takes your choice with these GRAS foods.