EZETROL Ezetimibe 10mg

Rich12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Snow
Does anyone here take EZETROL Ezetimibe 10mg for cholesterol !!!, if so, do your joints and muscles hurt in your arms and legs.???

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On the patient information leaflet that comes with these tablets it says (among many other things)

Side effects

elevations in some laboratory blood tests of liver (transaminases) or muscle (CK) function; cough; indigestion; heartburn; nausea; joint pain; muscle spasms; neck pain; decreased appetite, pain, chest pain, hot flush; high blood pressure.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6792/pil

Reactions: SimonCrox

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
In the patient information leaflet (online) it recommends that you consult your GP if you experience joint and muscle pain. There are other side effects too.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
On the patient information leaflet that comes with these tablets it says (among many other things)

Side effects

elevations in some laboratory blood tests of liver (transaminases) or muscle (CK) function; cough; indigestion; heartburn; nausea; joint pain; muscle spasms; neck pain; decreased appetite, pain, chest pain, hot flush; high blood pressure.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6792/pil

Snap!

Rich12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Snow
That’s it. No more of them, I can hardly move, tried all the different statins and these. Think I will live with the cholesterol. thanks people.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
If you have a full break down of your lipid panel members could take a shufty at them to see if they actually do need to be addressed. Almost all those who are diagnosed with Diabetes are immediately put on cholesterol lowering medications as a matter of course but some of us do not need them and some of us make an informed choice whether to take them or not. I would advise seeing your GP to discuss the matter further after doing some reading on the matter. Good luck.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

Rich12

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Snow
If you have a full break down of your lipid panel members could take a shufty at them to see if they actually do need to be addressed. Almost all those who are diagnosed with Diabetes are immediately put on cholesterol lowering medications as a matter of course but some of us do not need them and some of us make an informed choice whether to take them or not. I would advise seeing your GP to discuss the matter further after doing some reading on the matter. Good luck.

Thank you for that, my cholesterol is only slightly high, apparently the doctor wants me on these tablets because I have peripheral vascular disease, apparently it makes my blood slippery, so I’m told.

Reactions: kitedoc

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you for that, my cholesterol is only slightly high, apparently the doctor wants me on these tablets because I have peripheral vascular disease, apparently it makes my blood slippery, so I’m told.

PVD makes all the difference here. Please speak with your GP before making any decisions.

Reactions: kitedoc and Rich12

SimonCrox

The SPC for ezetrol is very comprehensive and gives 1 in 100 to 1 in 1000 get muscle / joint aches / pains, ie less than on a statin, but still disappointing, and news for me.
https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/product/6792/smpc#UNDESIRABLE_EFFECTS
Generally, ezetrol tolerated when statins not. Data on fibrates suggests little benefit.
At end of day, it is about doing everything possible to protect your blood vessels, so if one canot hit one target, one still gets decent benefit by hitting other targets.
Best wishes

Reactions: Rich12