What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning one and all. fbs of 8.6! Not the best start to my Epiphany birthday but just had my first catch up phone call with my old friend since her cancer surgery 2 days ago and she is feeling much better. Best birthday present I could have wished for! Have a lovely Sunday everyone.:)
happy birthday dogslife and good news on your friend :)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning one and all. fbs of 8.6! Not the best start to my Epiphany birthday but just had my first catch up phone call with my old friend since her cancer surgery 2 days ago and she is feeling much better. Best birthday present I could have wished for! Have a lovely Sunday everyone.:)
happy birthday dear <3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning @SaskiaKC, sausages reminds me of the talking dog on Esther Ranzen's programme "That's Life" from years ago. Well done, I could do with a similar boost, I need kicking downhill not off the plateau.

LOL your story about the talking dog reminded me of Snausages dog treats. Come on, let's go downhill. :)

6.7 this morning. New high for new week but I'm still basking in my new lower weight and being good eating little snausages -- err, sausages.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@dogslife

images

Good to hear about your friend!

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
LOL your story about the talking dog reminded me of Snausages dog treats. Come on, let's go downhill. :)

6.7 this morning. New high for new week but I'm still basking in my new lower weight and being good eating little snausages -- err, sausages.
OK @SaskiaKC I'm with you on the slalom. Is it now good morning for you?Are you ready to go downhill?

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone,
4.3 this am

On the weight loss front, it was the most difficult week I've had since I started. For a lof the week, the scale was headed the wrong direction. I think less exercise this week and portion control creep were responsible In the end, I managed a loss of 0.6 lbs (0.3 kg).

Currently, I'm 197.2 lbs, I'd like to be further away from 200 lbs and lose more.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone,
4.3 this am

On the weight loss front, it was the most difficult week I've had since I started. For a lof the week, the scale was headed the wrong direction. I think less exercise this week and portion control creep were responsible In the end, I managed a loss of 0.6 lbs (0.3 kg).

Currently, I'm 197.2 lbs, I'd like to be further away from 200 lbs and lose more.
Weight loss is respectable - over 2 stones a year. FBG is fantastic so brilliant work.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Last edited:

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
A lot of 70’s stuff I can sing loudly to. Bowie, Elton John, Stevie Wonder a bit of Simon &Garfunkel.
To be fair to him we do have a bit of common ground in the first two and Oasis.
How about you?

I like all of that - maybe not Bowie so much
I would add Billy Joel, Crowded House, KT Tunstall, Fleetwood Mac, REM and Passenger- that would keep me going.
Hope the journey is going well.

Reactions: Freema

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @PenguinMum Here'sone for onion bhaji... might have a go and replace the chickpea flour with........??? any suggestions anyone?

You might want to test one to see if it spikes you. Although most grains and beans spike me, (including chickpeas/chana/garbanzo beans) surprisingly besan (chickpea flour) does not. I bought one gobi pakora (cauliflower bhaji), tested before and 2 hours after and it did not spike me (my rise was less than 2.0) . (It must be something about the processing the chickpea flour undergoes.) I didn't try to see how I'd react to 2.

I was really pleased to discover this. I've loved Indian food since the 1970s and my son-in-law is from India so when we eat out, it is usually Indian. I've had to give up a number of dishes I loved (biryani, dosa, samosas,naan and the desserts and sweets but I still have butter chicken, tandoori, many of the vegetable dishes (except for aloo/potato) and kebabs. He's from the south (Andhra Pradesh) but isn't a vegetarian so we usually go to a Hyderabadi place so he can have his beloved biryani and my daughter and I have kebabs.

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Hello there. Felt unwell this afternoon whilst out so tested my blood a short while ago and my meter said 14.1 and displayed a small k symbol. I looked it up and it said to check keytones. Anybody tell me how I do this please? Thank you .

Reactions: Freema