Blood Glucose drops after eating.

bluecurlylegend

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Films with Nicholas Cage !
For the past few weeks my blood glucose has dropped 2 hours after eating. Testing just before eating is usually around 6.2mmols and 2 hours later mid to high 5's. This is eating keto with only trace carbs like broccoli or green beans. Been eating LCHF for over a year and a half now but usually my blood glucose rose a bit after eating...?
Is there any significance in this ?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
For the past few weeks my blood glucose has dropped 2 hours after eating. Testing just before eating is usually around 6.2mmols and 2 hours later mid to high 5's. This is eating keto with only trace carbs like broccoli or green beans. Been eating LCHF for over a year and a half now but usually my blood glucose rose a bit after eating...?

By your readings, they are fine, in fact very good.
If you are eating Keto, your blood glucose levels will not spike much at all.
The aim of being in ketosis is to try and avoid spikes and maintain stability in blood glucose levels, either in normal levels or just above.
The results you have posted are normal in ketosis.

Best wishes

Reactions: Ponchu and kitedoc

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Sounds similar to me before Christmas. Slipped into normal low carb over Christmas (around 60/70g carbs/day)

Next week work is back up to normal speed and I should be rid of a cold/weak flu that has been dogging me since last tuesday/Wednesday. So I can get back into keto.

Reactions: kitedoc

bluecurlylegend

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
By your readings, they are fine, in fact very good.
If you are eating Keto, your blood glucose levels will not spike much at all.
The aim of being in ketosis is to try and avoid spikes and maintain stability in blood glucose levels, either in normal levels or just above.
The results you have posted are normal in ketosis.

Best wishes

So, nothing to be concerned about ? I was worried that there was a flood of insulin lowering the blood glucose... but then, I am a card carrying hypochondriac !
I've never had a fasting insulin test, can't persuade my doctor to give me a prescription for one. Should I get one privately ?

Reactions: kitedoc

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Remember that there is a 15% ish variance allowed in readings.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
This happens to me every time. I wake up and my fasting can be 6.0 then if I eat lunch, it goes down after an hour and a half to 5.6 to 5.7 If I skip lunch and have a piece of cheese and a spoonful of double cream same thing. Sometimes my BS will go to 5.5

Spl@

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Humans that only take.
Sounds like liver effect. The food you eat signals the liver to stop dumping glucose into your blood.

Reactions: Ponchu

bluecurlylegend

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sounds similar to me before Christmas. Slipped into normal low carb over Christmas (around 60/70g carbs/day)

Next week work is back up to normal speed and I should be rid of a cold/weak flu that has been dogging me since last tuesday/Wednesday. So I can get back into keto.

Sorry, nothing to do with the original post, but that is one **** fine motor cycle... !