Plant Paradox method of eating

Janetoby

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have had type 1 for almost 44 years, and for the last 9-10 years have had lots of dietry issues. I have been diagnosed with fructose intolerance, but lots of foods seem to upset my digestion. Two years ago I did a DAFNE Course here in Australia. I have read and tried Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution - and that has helped somewhat with the lower carbs, but I seem to have constant irritation after I have eaten. I cannot find an endocronologist in Melbourne that supports his ideas, and am constantly being asked by medical staff why I want to low carb.
I have been reading Dr Steven Gundry's book 'The Plant Paradox' over my Christmas break and think this might be worth trying, it is not too far off low carbing, and might aid my digestion even further. Has anyone else tried the plant paradox method of eating?
I haven't completely finished the book,but am finding it very thought provoking!

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
Hello
Fellow 44 years a type 1 here.
I developed Bile acid malabsorption a good few years back and I'm not saying you have that but it is a difficult one for the NHS to diagnose in the uk because the symptoms are similar to other complaints and the test is expensive.

Just a thought and I wish you well with your endeavours.

Tony

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here is a quick heads up blog on this diet that is an interesting read for those of us who have not read the book,
https://lectinfreemama.com/2018/01/29/plant-paradox-diet/

It does follow many of the tenets of a Low Carb diet and for me personally I was already avoiding many of the NO NO;s because I found they affected me adversly, so I am getting close to this diet already. It is stricter than my current diet, but I will read this again to see if I want to improve.

I wonder about the micronutrients that may be missing such as Vit B especially B6 and B12. I would need to check out the folate intake, and sources of iron and calcium.

There are many similarities between this diet and the PIOPPI diet.

Thankful1

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hello I'm glad to have found this thread. I am also interested in knowing more about this subject I am presently gradually reading a couple of books about this.

Thankful1

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi, I have had type 1 for almost 44 years, and for the last 9-10 years have had lots of dietry issues. I have been diagnosed with fructose intolerance, but lots of foods seem to upset my digestion. Two years ago I did a DAFNE Course here in Australia. I have read and tried Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution - and that has helped somewhat with the lower carbs, but I seem to have constant irritation after I have eaten. I cannot find an endocronologist in Melbourne that supports his ideas, and am constantly being asked by medical staff why I want to low carb.
I have been reading Dr Steven Gundry's book 'The Plant Paradox' over my Christmas break and think this might be worth trying, it is not too far off low carbing, and might aid my digestion even further. Has anyone else tried the plant paradox method of eating?
I haven't completely finished the book,but am finding it very thought provoking!

Same here! I would love to hear from you and hear how you're getting on.

Thankful1

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Here is a quick heads up blog on this diet that is an interesting read for those of us who have not read the book,
https://lectinfreemama.com/2018/01/29/plant-paradox-diet/

It does follow many of the tenets of a Low Carb diet and for me personally I was already avoiding many of the NO NO;s because I found they affected me adversly, so I am getting close to this diet already. It is stricter than my current diet, but I will read this again to see if I want to improve.

I wonder about the micronutrients that may be missing such as Vit B especially B6 and B12. I would need to check out the folate intake, and sources of iron and calcium.

There are many similarities between this diet and the PIOPPI diet.

Thank you for your reply I'm looking forward to learning more!