What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast:Tea
Brunch 11.30: Version of DD breakfast sandwich - I used 4 chorizo pigs in blankets (0,3 gms carb each) and slices of mature cheddar; tasted nice but not at all satiating. Probably should have had one of my big mugs of tea to fill me up; made me prune the apple trees quite savagely. Did make it last until evening meal with a slight cheat
Lunch: Tea; Felt the need to eat a piece of smoked cheddar
Afternoon: Dog walk; Cocoa - soy milk and cream Rowntrees cocoa (2 tsps )
Evening meal 18.15 hrs :Gammon (think that is the last of the Christmas food used) and rutabaga (swede) fritters https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-rutabaga-fritters-bacon/servings/2 I let Julie use the mandolin my fingers are far too valuable; tea
2 DD ideas in 1 day. Sorry Mr Daltrey I didn’t listen carefully enough but it’s the hope that kills you.
@shelley262 Hope the cold soon clears; @Tori71 well. if you guys will live at altitude (sea level and above) you will get cold:angelic:

TrendyD

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - protein shake with strawberries, cup of tea semi milk & 1/2 sugar

Lunch - mixed salad with avocado & left over chicken from yesterday, low cal jelly.

Dinner- chicken chauseur, cauliflower, green beans, sprouts & carrots.

Super - strawberries & fresh cream.

Took a shot of fresh cream to work for my coffee, only had 1 which I was happy about! drank water for the rest of the day.

I’m on my 3rd day of staying under 100g of carbs & so far so good.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Today’s menu as follows:
Brunch -after 2 mile walk to hospital for HbA1c blood test was a cheese omelette and coffee&cream
Dinner- Mr Cs birthday choice of Beef Wellington ( I took the pastry off my portion and swerved the gravy) with buttered greens ( found in fridge, but daughter told me later they were for the guinea pig!) green beans and roast celeriac. Glass of preprandial Champagne and glass of Chateauneuf du Pape with it. Very happy with how it turned out, so was Mr C happily.
IMG_6506.jpg

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
....and near to Emley Mast, and opposite a field with nothing to shelter the house from the howling gales:grumpy:. I need sun @ianpspurs !!![/
Makes me
Brunch -after 2 mile walk to hospital for HbA1c blood test was a cheese omelette and coffee&cream
Dinner- Mr Cs birthday choice of Beef Wellington ( I took the pastry off my portion and swerved the gravy) with buttered greens ( found in fridge, but daughter told me later they were for the guinea pig!) green beans and roast celeriac. Glass of preprandial Champagne and glass of Chateauneuf du Pape with it. Very happy with how it turned out, so was Mr C happily. View attachment 30487
looks amazing and more to the point sounds like Mr C had an excellent birthday meal. No doubt now you’ve had your blood taken you will be madly online checking like I usually do ! Hope it all goes well for you mx
Ps sorry @Tori71 don’t know how your quote got here too! Meanwhile don’t get blown off emley moor!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
I’ve been very coldy today - can’t wait for it to go but most people I meet seem to have it or just got over it! Still OH is ahead of me and seems much better todayso hoping will improve from now on! Rested up today but busy day tomorrow so crossing fingers. It’s not too bad but annoying as usually very healthy!
Breakfast one slice of hi-lo bread toasted with fried egg
Lunch range of cheeses with a few low carb herby biscuits and nuts followed mid pm by a tiny bit of 91% choc eaten for a mindfulness exercise - I had to let it melt in my mouth for as long as possible - strangely did fill me up!
Dinner lamb chop with cauliflower rice and mushrooms followed by lc raspberry mousse.
Hope everyone has a good evening

The mindful eating sounds really interesting, I did a 15 min Headspace session today which made me feel great afterwards. I will renew my subscription I think.
Daughter has a cut price student subscription and listened to one of the sleeping sessions last night ‘The Midnight Launderette’ (odd choice !! )But she said she didn’t remember the end of it and had the best night’s sleep she’s had for months.

Edit to add - I hope you start to feel better soon.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The mindful eating sounds really interesting, I did a 15 min Headspace session today which made me feel great afterwards. I will renew my subscription I think.
Daughter has a cut price student subscription and listened to one of the sleeping sessions last night ‘The Midnight Launderette’ (odd choice !! )But she said she didn’t remember the end of it and had the best night’s sleep she’s had for months.

Edit to add - I hope you start to feel better soon.
Check out your inbox as they often send discount codes by email if you gave up your membership worth checking I got about 40% off an annual when I didn’t renew for a week or so. They may also have some free trials?
I now can’t imagine being without it and currently doing two sessions a day after a spell of not doing and difference both in my wellbeing and bgs is big it’s just making time when you are stressed but it’s when it’s needed the most! X
Edit @DJC3 just sent email to you with 40% off x

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite a number of folks have done that heat thing, resulting in that siort of damage.

I would be bold on it. The seller states the functionality is unaffected, so if it didn't work, eBay would deal with it.

I actually thought if you with your travelling IP, or for that matter your daughter if she makes her own dog food, as quite a lot seem to do.

Selfishly I’m thinking more of me and the hassle of travelling with it. I bought daughter one on Black Friday and she is just finding her feet and starting to enjoy it.
She raw feeds her dogs though so woukdn’t use it for them ( although she has mentioned a dehydrator for liver treats for them, and I’m thinking possibly biltong for us?)

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Selfishly I’m thinking more of me and the hassle of travelling with it. I bought daughter one on Black Friday and she is just finding her feet and starting to enjoy it.
She raw feeds her dogs though so woukdn’t use it for them ( although she has mentioned a dehydrator for liver treats for them, and I’m thinking possibly biltong for us?)

Go for it. @Brunneria has the 8ltr I'm sure.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, for the first time in a very long time I woke up without the immediate thought of food... I didn't eat until 12 noon.
Breakfast just a cuppa
Lunch; cheesy scrambled egg with one smoked frankfurter chopped up. A spoonful of baked beans (bg was fine) and cherry toms.
Dinner; bolognaise with a spoonful of rice (waiting on my bg numbers for the rice) at one hour I was 5.8..expecting a spike soon.
Dessert sugar free jelly and cream

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ps sorry @Tori71 don’t know how your quote got here too! Meanwhile don’t get blown off emley moor!
My quotes get everywhere @shelley262 !

Will try to remain upright, which reminds me about a story about my late Mum.

Years ago when my Sister and I still lived at home we were looking out for my Mum coming in from work. An hour later we were getting worried as several buses had gone past and she was nowhere to be seen (no mobiles in the 90's). Ten minutes later the door opened and in she came looking a little 'windswept'. Apparently, she'd been laying on the lawn under the lounge window (the same one we were looking anxiously out of) where the wind had knocked her, trying to get up for the past half hour!! She was only five foot two and about seven stone so you can see how the wind won :)

(We lived in an equally windy district in those days!)

Oh, how she laughed....well about three years later:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dinner- Mr Cs birthday choice of Beef Wellington ( I took the pastry off my portion and swerved the gravy) with buttered greens ( found in fridge, but daughter told me later they were for the guinea pig!) green beans and roast celeriac. Glass of preprandial Champagne and glass of Chateauneuf du Pape with it. Very happy with how it turned out, so was Mr C happily. View attachment 30487
oh, that looks gorgeous!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My quotes get everywhere @shelley262 !

Will try to remain upright, which reminds me about a story about my late Mum.

Years ago when my Sister and I still lived at home we were looking out for my Mum coming in from work. An hour later we were getting worried as several buses had gone past and she was nowhere to be seen (no mobiles in the 90's). Ten minutes later the door opened and in she came looking a little 'windswept'. Apparently, she'd been laying on the lawn under the lounge window (the same one we were looking anxiously out of) where the wind had knocked her, trying to get up for the past half hour!! She was only five foot two and about seven stone so you can see how the wind won :)

(We lived in an equally windy district in those days!)

Oh, how she laughed....well about three years later:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

That is hilarious - and really quite worrying, too!

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Mocha flavoured chia pudding. Fresh coffee with cream
Lunch: Leftovers from our Italian platter (some cured meat and marinated artichokes, courgettes, sunblush tomatoes) with added mozzarella and baby spinach. Black coffee.
Dinner: Roast chicken, roast celeriac, steamed buttered sprouts, cauliflower cheese. Fresh decaf coffee with two tiny Swiss Brunsli cookies. Still delicious but they have gone rock hard overnight (a bit like biscotti) essential! :joyful:

I get over that beef wellington @DJC3! I'm literally drooling!