Carb counting app

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I'm doing well on the LCHF diet and have only been doing it this last week. I use my fitness pal and fitbit To log everything however, I'm finding fitbit will give an overall percentage of macros, but not separate grams. I know I'm not eating many, but I'd like to be able to keep track. Thank you.

K

Knikki

You could have a look at the MySugr app that counts in grams, it's a free download with an option to buy an extension but not sure what extra it gives :)

Reactions: AngiH

TrendyD

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, I'm doing well on the LCHF diet and have only been doing it this last week. I use my fitness pal and fitbit To log everything however, I'm finding fitbit will give an overall percentage of macros, but not separate grams. I know I'm not eating many, but I'd like to be able to keep track. Thank you.

Hi AngiH
Does your my fitness pal app not not give you the information you want.
Mine certainly records everything even if it is a little out now & again.

xxgeorgiexx

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Nutracheck Calorie Counter, its £30.00 for a year, but i would be lost without it, you can chose what you want to track, for me its calories, carbs and sugar but there’s protein etc that you can also track, i know its a bit pricey but I can’t praise it enough

xxgeorgiexx

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh, meant to add you can scan barcodes with it as well, and its got an excellent eating out and takeaway part to it.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You could have a look at the MySugr app that counts in grams, it's a free download with an option to buy an extension but not sure what extra it gives :)
I have this, but didn't know about the extension. Thanks, I'll look into this

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi AngiH
Does your my fitness pal app not not give you the information you want.
Mine certainly records everything even if it is a little out now & again.
Hi Trendy
Yes it does, but like you say it's a little out now and again...just wondered if there was another that was all. Thank you.

M

Member496333

I find the best way to count carbs is to not eat any :D

Sorry, not very constructive, I know. But seriously, I personally found negotiating with carbohydrate to be unsustainable, depressing, and largely ineffective. Of course having said that, I fully respect that everyone is different, and that everyone has to walk their own path - just sharing my experience :)

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find the best way to count carbs is to not eat any :D

Sorry, not very constructive, I know. But seriously, I personally found negotiating with carbohydrate to be unsustainable, depressing, and largely ineffective. Of course having said that, I fully respect that everyone is different, and that everyone has to walk their own path - just sharing my experience :)
That make me laugh Jim. I'm not eating many to be honest, Its just good to see it in grams rather than percentage. My general day is eggs/tomato for breakfast or lunch and then meat or chicken with veg for dinner....followed by sugar free jelly and cream