Byetta question

louismum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I start on byetta tomorrow and the nurse told me to take it half hour before breakfast. I never thought to ask but can I have a coffee (with milk) before the half hour or aren't I supposed to drink either ?

Thanks

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
You can take Byetta at any time to suit yourself within the hour before food. I take mine in the 5 mins before I eat, tried earlier but felt quite sick whilst eating. Drinks are no problem and do not count.

There is a huge thread in Diabetes Medication and Drugs section entitled Byetta where you will find the answers to many questions you might need answering.

louismum

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Thanks Cugila....I'll look for that thread now.

robertconroy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If it makes you feel ill, even after eating try taking it at bedtime. If you find you can't take it try Victoza. I'm on it now and have less nausea than I had with Byetta. Even on the half dose (5 mcg) with Byetta it made me feel bad.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
robertconroy said:
If it makes you feel ill, even after eating try taking it at bedtime. If you find you can't take it try Victoza. I'm on it now and have less nausea than I had with Byetta. Even on the half dose (5 mcg) with Byetta it made me feel bad.

Robert, what you have advised here is totally wrong ! Byetta is only meant to be taken with the 2 main meals of the day, in the hour before food.

It should NEVER be used in the manner you have advised the OP !

Victoza can be taken at any time to suit but NOT Byetta.