What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Patrick66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People. Noise. Swearing. Many foods.
6.8 this morning.

Considering it had been between 6.0 and 6.5 recently that’s a little disappointing but given I’m under quite a lot of stress these last few days, perhaps not unsurprising.

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.4 this morning . Had a terrible sleep with waking because of knee pain, put ibuprofen gel on it and took paracetomol . Need to see the doc about it , but I don't like taking meds so not sure if its a waste of time. Off swimming tonight hopefully that will strengthen the muscles around the knee. Also some stress last night with the issue not really being resolved for a while .

But other than that 'a very good morning ' :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...an odd day yesterday...set of for the anti-coagulant clinic feeling confident (that'll teach me) expecting a good result...unfortunately my INR levels were twice what they should have been...in addition to the finger prick test had to have a venous sample taken...I dread those ... at the first mention of one my veins retreat & go into hiding...first go nothing...second go nothing and I bled all over the floor...third go nothing...success on the fourth attempt...I can't complain too much it has been worse...woke to a not surprising 6.3

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Morning all slept well in my new bed last night my old bed was a white four poster and quite high up my new bed is a lot different it white cast iron with diamonds on the bed knold and it’s quite low to the floor I absolutely love it. Anyway today’s blood glucose comes from my libre as the batteries in my meter have run out after just a week anyway libre says 4.2 have a good day everyone

Last edited:

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Another day, another 12.9 :(

Got another catch up with my DSN today - hoping we can get somewhere with it this time.

Hope the DSN helped with some suggestions. Mine has been invaluable! Seeing her today. Chin up! you will get there.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
I wish! But they're eyeglasses. But I'll tell you what -- once I get them, let's celebrate with a virtual champagne -- we can make spectacles of ourselves! :D
@SaskiaKC That's dreadful!! but a dreadfully good idea:hilarious:

Reactions: DJC3